Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenny’s Completion Percentage vs Blitz

Legend

User Info Menu

Kenny’s Completion Percentage vs Blitz

Kenny leads the league completing 71% of his passes against the blitz.

That’s elite processing / decision making / poise.

That’s helping slow down the pass rush and making things easier on the line and running game.

He’s a different QB than we’re used to and I think we have to start seeing him for what he is and Canada / Tomlin need to keep playing into his strengths and open up the O a little more for him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good stuff, thanks for posting. I will go on the record as didn't liking the pick, but I do see good things and I wish nothing but the best. I am 100% behind him now.

It is OK to change your mind.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Jordan Addison, WR, USC
    2a) Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson (Bears pick)
    2b)
    Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee (Steelers pick)
    3) TBD
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Keeanu Benton, DL, Wisconsin
    7b.) Dax Hollifield, ILB, Virginia Tech

Legend

User Info Menu

lies.. damn lies..
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    lies.. damn lies..
    see how that works

Legend

User Info Menu

I also think that a couple of his sacks are due to poor play design. I think of a specific play where the blitz was obvious, it came and all the routes to the blitz side were long - there were no hot routes and Kenny had to just eat it because he couldn't dump to Naj who was still running his route
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    1. Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
    2a. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    2b. Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syacuse
    3. Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
    7a.
    7b.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    I also think that a couple of his sacks are due to poor play design. I think of a specific play where the blitz was obvious, it came and all the routes to the blitz side were long - there were no hot routes and Kenny had to just eat it because he couldn't dump to Naj who was still running his route
    Very good points. I think some tend to forget how young this collective offense is. I look forward to watching them grow and gell. Need a LT in the worst way.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Jordan Addison, WR, USC
    2a) Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson (Bears pick)
    2b)
    Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee (Steelers pick)
    3) TBD
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Keeanu Benton, DL, Wisconsin
    7b.) Dax Hollifield, ILB, Virginia Tech

Backup

User Info Menu

It will be interesting to see how KP does against the Ravens defense. With the addition of Roquon Smith, they are solid.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Let's understand it's a small sample size in comparison to others, but it's a positive nonetheless.

30 QBs have faced more blitzes, and 10 of those QBs have a better PFF pass rating when facing blitzes, (his stands at 67.3).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Agreed. Even Kurt Warner was complaining about some of the play calls last week without a easy hot route for Kenny.

I think the coaches are leaning toward giving him a little more protection and limiting the risks, but I say open things up for him. Can't happen fast enough.

But our coaches are conservative and it's why they went with Mitch to start the season and have been trying to ease Kenny along.

Legend

User Info Menu

Heard a funny story on the Steel Here podcast, which I believe is part of Barstool. Apparently these guys know Kenny, and before last game one of them texted him asking who was the best QB vs. the blitz this year. Before Kenny could reply, he sent him the infographic showing him as the best. Kenny's reply?

"Damn right."