Thread: Is TJ Watt 100%???

Legend

User Info Menu

Is TJ Watt 100%???

Just curious what y'all think.

The past couple of years, I believed we were going to win because he's on the field.

Since he's been back, I sense he's not 100%.

I feel like our season rides on his play more than anyone's. If he's 100%, we can win out and if he's not we probably won't.

I'm just not noticing his impact as much the last couple games. I know there's plays and if I could go back and watch, I'd probably see more, but I just get the sense something is off.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I thought I saw Watt in coverage on Monday night. He may have a little rust, but I think he is 100%. I look for some sacks coming his way soon.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Jordan Addison, WR, USC
    2a) Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson (Bears pick)
    2b)
    Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee (Steelers pick)
    3) TBD
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Keeanu Benton, DL, Wisconsin
    7b.) Dax Hollifield, ILB, Virginia Tech

Legend

User Info Menu

But, did you see him last week?
    Honestly the thing is, Watt being there is enough to make the other team respect him. And it influences the strategies
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    1. Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
    2a. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    2b. Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syacuse
    3. Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
    7a.
    7b.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Just curious what y'all think.

The past couple of years, I believed we were going to win because he's on the field.

Since he's been back, I sense he's not 100%.

I feel like our season rides on his play more than anyone's. If he's 100%, we can win out and if he's not we probably won't.

I'm just not noticing his impact as much the last couple games. I know there's plays and if I could go back and watch, I'd probably see more, but I just get the sense something is off.
    I think with some one like TJ, you are talking about the ultimate elite athlete and performer - not that much different than a once-in-a-generation race horse. And in with such a specimen, it needs fine tuned to the utmost degree to perform at its best. I believe TJ is in the process of sharpening his skills to get back to being in tip top shape, and, if he doesn't suffer any setbacks, will be back up to full speed again soon. But, unfortunately, like a champion race horse, he is so finely tuned, that it's easy for things to malfunction, because they are wound so tightly, as we have seen.

But I have to say, wasting downs by putting him in coverage is a huge mistake. Keep him on the LOS, where he has proven, even if he doesn't get a sack, he can be disruptive (by jumping up and snatching the ball, batting it down). Anyone who is part of a plan where you put TJ in coverage needs fired.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe its small sample size but has Watt ever had a good game in a dome?

Minnesota game last year he did nothing and I think he left at halftime

Again, no idea if its true or not.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

He was off for what 7,8 weeks? He had a pectoral injury right? He couldn't lift. Perhaps he doesn't feel strong. Give him 2 weeks.
    Just hypothesizing.

Backup

User Info Menu

against the Colts he was DBL teamed less than I can recall in a very long time. Hopefully as another said, he hasnt lifted weights and it will take a few weeks to get back to normal chaos

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He didn't look like himself on Monday.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

i doubt he's close to 100% healthy

he's wearing a brace or something like that on that arm too