Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Peace Treaty between Steel Maniac and Hawaiinsteel

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Starlifters personal rules for PlanetSteelers......

Support the Steelers over every other team
    Hope for the best, but try to be fair in analysis
    Argue the game, decision making, quality of the coaching, quality of the playing, do NOT argue the poster.
    Never start a sentence with 'You are....(insert adjective)'. Rather, 'I disagree with that position, I think it's this....as opposed to 'you're an idiot'.
    Pay attention to who needs to post 20+ times a day, who easily takes offense, and scroll quickly past 99% of their submissions.

Lastly, remember that the internet musings of faceless/nameless individuals on this forum have zero impact on my life. I have no personal relationship with any of you - this is a place for some random entertainment and discussion about my favorite team. Therefore when someone proves themselves to be a jaggov (no inference to any poster above, just a general observation) I make a mental note and proceed to never waste a brain cell on them or anything they write again.

Shut down the laptop and sleep the sleep of the righteous.

That's what works for me......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post

Argue the game, decision making, quality of the coaching, quality of the playing, do NOT argue the poster.
    Never start a sentence with 'You are....(insert adjective)'. Rather, 'I disagree with that position, I think it's this....as opposed to 'you're an idiot'.
    Pay attention to who needs to post 20+ times a day, who easily takes offense, and scroll quickly past 99% of their submissions.

Lastly, remember that the internet musings of faceless/nameless individuals on this forum have zero impact on my life. I have no personal relationship with any of you - this is a place for some random entertainment and discussion about my favorite team. Therefore when someone proves themselves to be a jaggov (no inference to any poster above, just a general observation) I make a mental note and proceed to never waste a brain cell on them or anything they write again.

You are.... smart for that perspective. LOL
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    1. Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois
    2a. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    2b. Matthew Bergeron, OT, Syacuse
    3. Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
    7a.
    7b.

Legend

User Info Menu

Iíd add if you say the same thing every post you are saying nothing, so shut up

Volume isnít going to change anyoneís mind and it is likely just to get attention
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

That's pretty cool. LOL
    From the 2010-2022 season,(A 13 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 6 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2023) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Iíd add if you say the same thing every post you are saying nothing, so shut up

Volume isnít going to change anyoneís mind and it is likely just to get attention
    No idea what youíre saying. 99% of us get out underwear from Kmart and watch Judge Whopner every day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I’d add if you say the same thing every post you are saying nothing, so shut up

Volume isn’t going to change anyone’s mind and it is likely just to get attention
    This right here..
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think most generally follow a similar pattern. I think there’s a tendency to get so caught up and obsessed with the team that an insult to the team can be taken as a personal insult.

It’s like drunk fans arguing and fighting at a game. 99% of people are at the game to have fun but you can’t have a rational conversation with the drunk guys until they sober up.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    you said he was stalking you.. lol.

coulda just said we had a back and forth and I crossed the line.

but I think since you put this on the page for all to see it prolly should’ve been a bit cleaner

maybe try a DM that is sincere? We don’t need to know about this.. trust me, we have all seen more than enough on this back and forth.

good luck
    With this criticism, I want to share something. I've spoken to both privately hoping they could make peace, to rid the forum of this beef. I know for a certainty that absent an apology Hawaiian could never let go as it is a deep wound.

MONTHS AGO I privately urged Maniac to apologize to Hawaiian, as he is owed that.

Maniac decided to do it now and ran it by me for my thoughts. I URGED HIM to do it in the forum not just for Hawaiian but as an expression of apology to the forum. I Also a public offense requires a public apology for it to be acceptable to the offended party.

Maniac was clumsy in delivery. As others have said there was no need for the "justification" part of it. Hopefully he fixes that as you have advised Dizz.

But he did it here not as a way to add more drama. He did it to end it.

So all this talk of his doing this to spotlight himself is not true. It is the only way to end this craziness once and for all as we are all sick of it.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Backup

User Info Menu

I think I am realizing this board is full of teenagers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    With this criticism, I want to share something. I've spoken to both privately hoping they could make peace, to rid the forum of this beef. I know for a certainty that absent an apology Hawaiian could never let go as it is a deep wound.

MONTHS AGO I privately urged Maniac to apologize to Hawaiian, as he is owed that.

Maniac decided to do it now and ran it by me for my thoughts. I URGED HIM to do it in the forum not just for Hawaiian but as an expression of apology to the forum. I Also a public offense requires a public apology for it to be acceptable to the offended party.

Maniac was clumsy in delivery. As others have said there was no need for the "justification" part of it. Hopefully he fixes that as you have advised Dizz.

But he did it here not as a way to add more drama. He did it to end it.

So all this talk of his doing this to spotlight himself is not true. It is the only way to end this craziness once and for all as we are all sick of it.
    Thanks for clearing this up.

Hopefully the hatfields and mccoys can put their guns down
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?