Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Credit to the coaches: RBs

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: the passing game opening up the run game, that's part of it, but Najee, Snell, and Mac have all had open field/holes in the last two years and danced or tried to break it to the edge. There is a concerted effort to hit the hole hard the last few weeks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    you're a very good poster, we're all frustrated but you're able to keep it real and I respect that.
    Thanks...I used to be a lot more negative about sports in my younger days, perspective on things changes as you age and realize there's enough to complain about in the real world

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Thanks...ever notice that positive posts like this go largely unreplied to?
    That is PRECISELY WHY I responded.

I saw this thread sinking like stone with zero responses about to drop to page 2 and be completely ignored.

I was hopeful that a reply would stir a positive discussion. It has done that.

Frankly, the people I most want to see this have not engaged this thread.

I am hopeful they are seeing the discussion and might be persuaded to learn from it.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I think they probably deserve some credit on the passing game too (even though I still want Canada gone).

Even though the numbers aren't mind blowing, seems like we're doing a lot of better things. I haven't seen the passing charts lately, but it seems like we're throwing things with more opportunity for yak. And in the last couple of games it seems like we've lost at least a touchdown a game because receivers aren't making a catch that they should or the passes are a little bit off.

Don't want the Jinx anything, but it looks like we maybe have figured out how to move the ball while passing and avoid bad turnovers.

Seems like arrows pointing up on the passing game too. And that's encouraging.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks...I used to be a lot more negative about sports in my younger days, perspective on things changes as you age and realize there's enough to complain about in the real world
    Sadly true with the end part. And I think at least economically it will get worse before it gets better

Legend

User Info Menu

Isn't it amazing how when players who don't really do much or make mistakes are filtered out of the action ( Harris ) or gone ( Claypool ) how thing can change and the coaching looks better? The Steelers are getting that and have begun to phase out the players of defense, at least from being on the field as every down type of players ( Bush ). Yes--the coaching has been a little better but before we celebrate remember we played the Saints and Colts lately.

As a former great X head coach used to say that puts in perspective.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: the passing game opening up the run game, that's part of it, but Najee, Snell, and Mac have all had open field/holes in the last two years and danced or tried to break it to the edge. There is a concerted effort to hit the hole hard the last few weeks.
    How bout this people.

WindyCitySteel credits coaching focus. DeVille and Dizz (Tomlins biggest defender) say nah its about the QB.

I love it!

Don't follow some hard fast agenda and you are able to have surprising and insightful takes.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-30-2022 at 09:30 AM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks...I used to be a lot more negative about sports in my younger days, perspective on things changes as you age and realize there's enough to complain about in the real world.
    We finally gain a little perspective.... and then we die.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Yes--the coaching has been a little better but before we celebrate remember we played the Saints and Colts lately.

As a former great X head coach used to say that puts in perspective.
    Steelers were underdogs for both games. Point? Vegas says bad teams like the Saints and Colts were STILL better than us.

I think THAT puts things into perspective.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Steelers were underdogs for both games. Point? Vegas says bad teams like the Saints and Colts were STILL better than us.

I think THAT puts things into perspective.
    But the games were played and the Saints and Colts are equally as bad as us and have a 4-7-1 and 4-8 record. It isn't like we were big favorites is the game or blew either team out, rather we didn't turn the ball over more than they did and we won. Do these facts put it in better perceptive? By the way your allowed to quote me in full context when making a point as to why the coaching has been better. This way I'm crystal clear.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton