Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming Together Against Good Defenses

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The Ravens also could have won just about all their games so far and I’m not sure what to think other than we usually have LJs number.

Re: his tweet, I was surprised by the reaction from people. I kept hearing it was awful, homophobic, etc. Then I read he told some guy that insulted him on Twitter to eat a d@!k.

How is that homophobic? I guess we can’t joke around and tell someone to eat a bag of d@$:s anymore.

I always thought that comment took an argument and made it silly and de-escalated. There’s a whole genre called d@$k jokes and while childish, I never thought of them as homophobic???

But I digress before I offend someone with my general ignorance on some of these topics.
    I won't post it here but Google "Louis CK bag of dicks" for some old school hilarity...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Re: his tweet, I was surprised by the reaction from people. I kept hearing it was awful, homophobic, etc. Then I read he told some guy that insulted him on Twitter to eat a d@!k.

How is that homophobic? I guess we can’t joke around and tell someone to eat a bag of d@$:s anymore.
    When I read it, homophobic didn't come to mind. But extremely poor taste in a public forum did. At best, immature as hell. I could also see how someone might interpret it as anti-gay, as if eating a d@!k is one of the worst things a guy could possibly do.

In any case, Lamar seems to be melting down. He bet on himself for this season, snubbed a huge contract offer from the Rats and it's not going the way that it went for Flacco when he did it. I'm not really anti-Lamar but I'm definitely anti-Rats and I hope they crash and burn the season away.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I won't post it here but Google "Louis CK bag of dicks" for some old school hilarity...
    I always thought he was funny...but then he crashed unfortunately.

in general it sucks that comedy now offends everyone. it really is amazing how fast culture has changed seemingly overnight.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    When I read it, homophobic didn't come to mind. But extremely poor taste in a public forum did. At best, immature as hell. I could also see how someone might interpret it as anti-gay, as if eating a d@!k is one of the worst things a guy could possibly do.

In any case, Lamar seems to be melting down. He bet on himself for this season, snubbed a huge contract offer from the Rats and it's not going the way that it went for Flacco when he did it. I'm not really anti-Lamar but I'm definitely anti-Rats and I hope they crash and burn the season away.
    I hope they melt down after they pay lamar so that it has a long term impact.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post

The story is far from over; need to see what LJ does in the playoffs. If he goes all the way and wins the Super Bowl, then he will "win" in negotiations just like Flacco did.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    The story is far from over; need to see what LJ does in the playoffs. If he goes all the way and wins the Super Bowl, then he will "win" in negotiations just like Flacco did.
    Agreed. But for now, his arrow is pointing down a bit. I can't see him winning a ring this year. But stranger things have happened and a guy can get on a hot streak at the right time. What Nick Foles did that year was stunning.

Backup

User Info Menu

The Ravens Defense got a lot better with Roquon Smith. I am hoping it was a rental and he goes elsewhere next year. We will see how well Kenny does against the Blitz in those 2 games. Hopefully we at least split those games

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW, Lamar was PFF's top rated QB last week, followed by Kenny, after a 2nd pass through grades. They said 5 passes were drops, 3 would have been TDs.

Legend

User Info Menu

The “eat a d!ck” was funny.. but a terrible look, especially in a contract year at a position of leadership.

Players need to get off social media. But I also think directly contacting a player with this type of dig kinda deserves a nice clap back.

There was a show called Average Joe or something along those lines where fans got to play against retired pro athletes. Kordell was on there and a fan challenged him to actually run at him instead of using his speed to run by him. Kordell knocked that dudes shoes off.

I wonder how the Ravens front office viewed this. There had to be a slight chuckle while telling him to knock this sh!t off.. lol
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The “eat a d!ck” was funny.. but a terrible look, especially in a contract year at a position of leadership.

Players need to get off social media. But I also think directly contacting a player with this type of dig kinda deserves a nice clap back.

There was a show called Average Joe or something along those lines where fans got to play against retired pro athletes. Kordell was on there and a fan challenged him to actually run at him instead of using his speed to run by him. Kordell knocked that dudes shoes off.

I wonder how the Ravens front office viewed this. There had to be a slight chuckle while telling him to knock this sh!t off.. lol
    I think the show was called Pros vs. Joes, it was actually pretty good. Most of the "Joes" weren't just the average couch potato types, they were pretty good, accomplished players at lower levels - like D3 players etc. Pros would mostly toy around but you could see the differences.

Agree with players getting off of social media. On one side you have an elite athlete about to negotiate a contract, on the other side you have Joe six pack whose greatest accomplishment to date is getting Lamar Jackson to respond to him on Twitter. To one of them, there is no affect on his life. On the other hand, something stupid like this might cost the other one more money annually than the first guy will see in his lifetime.