Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68

Thread: Its time to shut Najee down

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Najee probably shouldn't have been playing week 1, but Shades has a history of pushing injured players back too quickly.
    I'm not sure that's fair. Are you in the locker room? Have you read his MRI? Are you a physician for the team? Tomlin isn't going to play a player who isn't cleared medically. At the end of the day, MOST if not all coaches are going to play a player who wants to play who is cleared medically. A few of y'all are always looking to be mad at MT. I bet he could lead this team to the playoffs and a SB and you would still say he is an overpaid janitor.

  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'm hoping that through this, Tomlin will see that having several RBs involved in the rushing attack is not a bad thing
    Good point. It's like a stretch when Swann was out before Terry realized Stallworth was just as good. He was much better once he figured that out.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Clearly he i’m hasn’t been right all year. He showed a little burst last week but I think he actually injured himself on that leap into the end zone last week. He got up a bit gimpy after that play.

    Probably over compensating for the foot and high ankle. Tough year for him but Snell and McFarland actually looked good. I worry about QB protection but our running game was pretty impressive at 5 yards a pop.

    Rest Najee and let these dudes take over for a few games or maybe for the rest of the year depending on the severity if the injury.
    I started thinking this before the game. Now that he got hurt again, I'd just injure reserve him right now. Something ain't right when everyone looks better than him, and our run blocking seems fine when he ain't the guy running.

    I don't want to even be tempted to use him prematurely. Let him heal up and use this season to figure out who to lair him with next season. Now that he flashed a little AM might be nice to extent on the cheap as our speed guy.

    Gotta be careful though not to flash AM too much, he might go from literally ZERO value as a guy who anybody could have signed already, to getting a bunch of offers elsewhere.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm not sure that's fair. Are you in the locker room? Have you read his MRI? Are you a physician for the team? Tomlin isn't going to play a player who isn't cleared medically. At the end of the day, MOST if not all coaches are going to play a player who wants to play who is cleared medically. A few of y'all are always looking to be mad at MT. I bet he could lead this team to the playoffs and a SB and you would still say he is an overpaid janitor.
    Of course it's fair doc. Just like when you were dealing with COVID patients but Steeler nation yahoos were telling you what's up in the midst of the pandemic.

    I have no doubt Najee has been cleared medically. Every player plays through nagging injuries they are cleared for.

    That said, if these nagging injuries render him consistently less effective than other backs, let him heal completely. We aren't competing for a ring regardless.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-29-2022 at 01:03 PM.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  5. #25
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Ok, so I very much liked McFarland coming out of college. Then he runs like a deer in headlights for the Steelers. So, I was like where did I get my assessment wrong? So, I re-watched much of his college games and nearly every run for the Steelers. I saw a noticeable difference in running style. He wasn't getting massive holes blown for him with that Maryland OL. But, he was running with vision and authority. He was decisive and running with elite burst. While it was a down year for the Buckeyes D, he absolutely dominated them. For the Steelers he was indecisive, running as if he was just learning how to run in the pee wees. He couldn't pick the proper hole if his life depended on it. I gave up on him and just thought the pro game was just too big for him. But, last night he looked more like the RB I thought he could become. It's encouraging and I'll be watching him. But, I'm not ready to sign him up for the Hall just yet.
    Until this year, he never showed anything - including pre-seasons. But for whatever reason, he has been reborn this year. Maybe he just needed a few years to get used to the NFL and lack of large holes, especially running behind Pgh's OL. But I agree: he has become a legit NFL back, currently better than our 1st round NFL back. He ran 6x for 30 yds (5.0 ypc). Those #s work in the NFL. (Najee ran for 3.5 ypc, which is an improvement over his ypc #s this season, but not good enough).

    Snell also ran well. If I didn't know better, I'd say our OL was approaching a "decent" level of play.

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Of course it's fair doc. Just like when you were dealing with COVID patients but Steeler nation yahoos were telling you what's up in the midst of the pandemic.

    I have no doubt Najee has been cleared medically. Every player plays through nagging injuries they are cleared for.

    That said, if these nagging injuries render him consistently less effective than other backs, let him heal completely. We aren't competing for a ring regardless.
    I suppose Tomin is used to ignorant fans second guessing him and thinking they know more than him. I also agree that we should sit Harris due to productivity.

  7. #27
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I'm hoping that through this, Tomlin will see that having several RBs involved in the rushing attack is not a bad thing
    This. Bellcow RBs are old school. RBC is the modern way to a run game because it is cap friendly and can be just as effective. At this point I wouldn't pay premium dollars for Harris on a 2nd contract. The Steelers have a couple of years to figure that out for themselves.
    There's a difference in run style between Harris, and Warren or Snell and it makes a difference. Warren and Snell are 'one cut downhill' runners. Harris tends to run horizontal looking for holes and not quite the burst.

  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Clearly he i’m hasn’t been right all year. He showed a little burst last week but I think he actually injured himself on that leap into the end zone last week. He got up a bit gimpy after that play.

    Probably over compensating for the foot and high ankle. Tough year for him but Snell and McFarland actually looked good. I worry about QB protection but our running game was pretty impressive at 5 yards a pop.

    Rest Najee and let these dudes take over for a few games or maybe for the rest of the year depending on the severity if the injury.
    I've always believe that Snell looks best when he can get more touches and get into a rhythm. He's not your rotational guy, but he IS your fill in when your starter is out for an extended period.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

    DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington


  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Until this year, he never showed anything - including pre-seasons. But for whatever reason, he has been reborn this year. Maybe he just needed a few years to get used to the NFL and lack of large holes, especially running behind Pgh's OL. But I agree: he has become a legit NFL back, currently better than our 1st round NFL back. He ran 6x for 30 yds (5.0 ypc). Those #s work in the NFL. (Najee ran for 3.5 ypc, which is an improvement over his ypc #s this season, but not good enough).

    Snell also ran well. If I didn't know better, I'd say our OL was approaching a "decent" level of play.
    Just when I'm ready to give up on you being nothing but negative.... you gotta say something sensible like this.

    Agree 100 percent whisper.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Until this year, he never showed anything - including pre-seasons. But for whatever reason, he has been reborn this year. Maybe he just needed a few years to get used to the NFL and lack of large holes, especially running behind Pgh's OL. But I agree: he has become a legit NFL back, currently better than our 1st round NFL back. He ran 6x for 30 yds (5.0 ypc). Those #s work in the NFL. (Najee ran for 3.5 ypc, which is an improvement over his ypc #s this season, but not good enough).

    Snell also ran well. If I didn't know better, I'd say our OL was approaching a "decent" level of play.
    McFarlands problem was outrunning blockers. He was like FWP but with less speed. FWP used to turn a 40 yard gains into 9 yard gains because he would run past a lineman on a screen right into a defender.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •