Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gp > dj

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yinz are reaching..... only look at the stats that are positive for the player? Then quoting stats when they are positive for the players should also be counted as lies. You can't have it both ways.
    As long as they are consistent in their methods it still is a valid relative measure across all players.
    Thank you.

Legend

User Info Menu

In the first half, Pickett was remarkable ó completing 14 of 18 passes for 133 yards, via ESPN stats (https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401437872). By the end of the game, the Steelers rookie QB did something that not even Patrick Mahomes or Jalen Hurts was able to do this year: he recorded more than 17 points against the Colts on the road (24, to be exact).

After re-watching the Steelers game for a second time, I wasnít nearly as hard on Pickett as I was the first time around. Though the second half was far from ideal (6 of 10 for 41 yards), much of this wasnít the rookieís fault. Two big drops by
    George Pickens (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4426354/george-pickens) kept the chains from moving, while Canadaís offense got too conservative at times in the second half.

Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Guess I wasn’t the only one who
    saw Pickens with big drops in the second half.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    In the first half, Pickett was remarkable — completing 14 of 18 passes for 133 yards, via ESPN stats (https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401437872). By the end of the game, the Steelers rookie QB did something that not even Patrick Mahomes or Jalen Hurts was able to do this year: he recorded more than 17 points against the Colts on the road (24, to be exact).

After re-watching the Steelers game for a second time, I wasn’t nearly as hard on Pickett as I was the first time around. Though the second half was far from ideal (6 of 10 for 41 yards), much of this wasn’t the rookie’s fault. Two big drops by
    George Pickens (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4426354/george-pickens) kept the chains from moving, while Canada’s offense got too conservative at times in the second half.

Who wrote that?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Who wrote that?
    https://stillcurtain.com/2022/11/30/...rade-vs-colts/

Legend

User Info Menu

The hack Jaggi of course. Let me ask the question; how many NFL WRs do you think would have caught the toe-tapping sideline pass that Pickens did? I would argue less than 10%. In the end, it counts as a completed pass so Pickett gets the +. But if it was thrown to Sims? DJ?

I get it. You think he played better than the numbers tell us. Every QB has players dropping passes that should be caught. Just like every QB has INTs that are not their fault. By the end of the season it usually all evens out.

Starter

User Info Menu

The hack Jaggi of course. Let me ask the question; how many NFL WRs do you think would have caught the toe-tapping sideline pass that Pickens did? I would argue less than 10%. In the end, it counts as a completed pass so Pickett gets the +. But if it was thrown to Sims? DJ?

I get it. You think he played better than the numbers tell us. Every QB has players dropping passes that should be caught. Just like every QB has INTs that are not their fault. By the end of the season it usually all evens out.
    It should also be noted that the 2 drops by Pickens were catchable balls but that doesn't mean they were good passes. Get them higher on the numbers don't make your WR dive on the ground for it unless that's the only safe place.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    It should also be noted that the 2 drops by Pickens were catchable balls but that doesn't mean they were good passes. Get them higher on the numbers don't make your WR dive on the ground for it unless that's the only safe place.
    Dizz and Windy won't believe it but Pickett has 42 poorly thrown passes on the season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

From the article mentioned above:

Kenny Pickettís 88.5 PFF grade vs the Colts: second best by a QB in Week 12 best by a rookie QB in 2022 best by a Steelers QB since W10, 2018
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Jordan Addison, WR, USC
    2a) Trenton Simpson, ILB, Clemson (Bears pick)
    2b)
    Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee (Steelers pick)
    3) TBD
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Keeanu Benton, DL, Wisconsin
    7b.) Dax Hollifield, ILB, Virginia Tech

Legend

User Info Menu

And PFF is there to sort it all out on a play by play basis. That back shoulder throw wasn't some insane catch...he stopped, caught it with both hands, came down in bounds.

Announcers and media would not have talked about the throw if Burrow made it, because they'd all be too busy erecting a statue commemorating it.

These things don't necessarily even out over the course of a year, either, which is why Trubisky's 2018 and Wentz's 2017 were outliers.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 11-30-2022 at 03:10 PM.