Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What if Pickett...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What if Pickett...

Silly "what if stuff"...

Rewind week 1, what would our record be, if would we have Pickett starting game 1 ( with his growth/experience of 7 games) ?

I honestly think we would have won 4-5 more games. ( win in NE, CLEV, NYJ, MIAMI)

and go...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Silly "what if stuff"...

Rewind week 1, what would our record be, if would we have Pickett starting game 1 ( with his growth/experience of 7 games) ?

I honestly think we would have won 4-5 more games. ( win in NE, CLEV, NYJ, MIAMI)

and go...
    You're a funny guy, George. KP8 at #1 was the genius of Coach C+ and his Self Promotion wizardry. Joel, DeVille and a few serious Xs/Os guys - NOT ME - knew that from jump street. I "PREDICTED" 5-12 when others were going 9-7 thru 12-5. I can't predict worth SQUAT but it looks like mine is still alive - whatever that nneans

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    Silly "what if stuff"...

and go...
    Roughly the same as it is now..

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Roughly the same as it is now..
    Pretty much, amigo. C+ is rich past your and my knowledge and TV BSing was made for Tomlin's skill set. Anyone here who thinks his exit to ESPN or similar is "terrible" is in real need of Occupational Therapy and counseling. Trust a shrink on this

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bawb the Revelator View Post
    Pretty much, amigo. C+ is rich past your and my knowledge and TV BSing was made for Tomlin's skill set. Anyone here who thinks his exit to ESPN or similar is "terrible" is in real need of Occupational Therapy and counseling. Trust a shrink on this
    Stop sugar-coating your analysis... OT won't help them... You should be on Cloud 9 for the Steelers on MNF... CoachT will be the star, he'll be the focus of the Steelers prime-time dominance, right?? No need to even break-out the X's or the O's, right??
    BTW, I have not heard a peep from critics who think Tomlin shouldn't commentate after his days as a HC are finished... That's the definition of a straw-man argument.....
    Last edited by TheRealTazz864; 11-27-2022 at 01:13 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTazz864 View Post
    Stop sugar-coating your analysis... OT won't help them... You should be on Cloud 9 for the Steelers on MNF... CoachT will be the star, he'll be the focus of the Steelers prime-time dominance, right?? No need to even break-out the X's or the O's, right??
    BTW, I have not heard a peep from critics who think Tomlin shouldn't commentate after his days as a HC are finished... That's the definition of a straw-man argument.....
    I almost agree other than wanting to 86 Coach T [AKA "C-Plus"] ASAP to his Gawd given Level Of Incompetence [See the Peter Principle Definition: Members of a hierarchy are promoted until they reach the level at which they are no longer competent.]

In other words Tazz, I DON'T begrudge Tomlin making even gazillions more AND getting into Canton. Fine by me,
    I DON'T CARE!! Real Steeler Lifers all hope that Coach C-Plus LOSES OUT the remaining Death March season. Why? Several reasons: A BETTER 2023 DRAFT POSITION plus getting the present 2022 misery over and done with.
    This ISN'T so-called "Higher Level Thinking" amigo. It's facing REALITY.

Legend

User Info Menu

No different than now. Is Pickett really doing better than Trubisky or has the offense evolved?
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

You're a funny guy, George. KP8 at #1 was the genius of Coach C+ and his Self Promotion wizardry. Joel, DeVille and a few serious Xs/Os guys - NOT ME - knew that from jump street. I "PREDICTED" 5-12 when others were going 9-7 thru 12-5. I can't predict worth SQUAT but it looks like mine is still alive - whatever that nneans
    I believe I'm on the record as predicting a 17-0 record. That's the record a real Steeler fan predicts... If you are just a football fan, you would predict less victories, but to a Steelers fan, who never hopes the Steelers lose, a 17-0 season is more realistic than hoping the Steelers lose...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I almost agree other than wanting to 86 Coach T [AKA "C-Plus"] ASAP to his Gawd given Level Of Incompetence [See the Peter Principle Definition: Members of a hierarchy are promoted until they reach the level at which they are no longer competent.]

In other words Tazz, I DON'T begrudge Tomlin making even gazillions more AND getting into Canton. Fine by me,
    I DON'T CARE!! Real Steeler Lifers all hope that Coach C-Plus LOSES OUT the remaining Death March season. Why? Several reasons: A BETTER 2023 DRAFT POSITION plus getting the present 2022 misery over and done with.
    This ISN'T so-called "Higher Level Thinking" amigo. It's facing REALITY.
    First of all "amigo," you are the only one who refers to CoachT as CoachC+ (so he is not "AKA" that... much the same as I conclude that wheezy really can't refer to CoachT as "CoolShades...." are you sure you are not just aliases of each other?? ) Two, money is a shiny distraction, but I am not weak-minded enough to fall for your Jedi mind tricks... Trois, No "Real" Steelers lifer EVER hopes the Steelers lose... they know the Steelers can coach-up even the 20th pick in the draft and make him a HoFer... Quatorze... Lower level thinkers can't recognize higher level thinking if it slugs them in the mouf... A 17-0 season is more realistic than hoping the Steelers lose...
    Last edited by TheRealTazz864; 11-28-2022 at 01:26 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTazz864 View Post
    I believe I'm on the record as predicting a 17-0 record. That's the record a real Steeler fan predicts... If you are just a football fan, you would predict less victories, but to a Steelers fan, who never hopes the Steelers lose, a 17-0 season is more realistic than hoping the Steelers lose...
    I like the way you think Tazz!

way better than Steel Maniac who wants the Steelers to lose games so he can be "right" and tell people to read his stupid ass sig which makes no sense whatsoever.

the Dolphins should have fired Shula earlier, but they haven't won squat ever since he left? how stupid of a sig is that?