Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin giving up

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin giving up

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/podc...burgh-steelers

His demeanor is one of a man who has given up. Admitting what they are trying is not working but not willing to try anything different.

Legend

User Info Menu

I hope he doesnít punk out and quit. Because there is no Colbert or Ben to cover for his inadequacies anymore. Heís fully exposed for who he truly is now. 3 more years please of Tomlin.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't think he's given up. But I'm sure he's come to the realization that this is rebuild time and it's not a lot of fun to lose. I'm sure that what he admits in private is a lot different than what he admits in public.

Legend

User Info Menu

I will never understand why people put so much stock in what gets said in press conferences.

They are intentionally trying to say nothing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    3 more years please of Tomlin.
    in other words, you would rather wish 3 more years of losing upon the Steelers just so you can "be right" and tell people to read your stupid sig than to actually wish the best for your supposed favorite team?

that right there tells me all I need to know about what a total d!ck you really are.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I don't think he's given up. But I'm sure he's come to the realization that this is rebuild time and it's not a lot of fun to lose. I'm sure that what he admits in private is a lot different than what he admits in public.
    I’m not sure why people say this is a rebuild year.
    This team has better talent on both sides of the ball compared to last year.
    Only thing that is new is the qb. This new qb is replacing a slow, old, disgruntled guy that refuses to run the plays called. He also was a locker room cancer. His play and salary was holding Tomlin back.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    19 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/podc...burgh-steelers

His demeanor is one of a man who has given up. Admitting what they are trying is not working but not willing to try anything different.
    Read the article... apparently wheezy didn't... It didn't say that... Tomlin never took the podium to address the Pittsburgh Steelers... He took the podium to address the Pittsburgh PRESS... He said what they are trying doesn't work unless they all buy-in... and they can't skip to the more complex plays in the playbook without getting the basics in that playbook down... They won't throw out that playbook until they have a firm grasp of the basics in that playbook... If you don't eat your meat, you can't skip to dessert...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I’m not sure why people say this is a rebuild year.
    This team has better talent on both sides of the ball compared to last year.
    Only thing that is new is the qb. This new qb is replacing a slow, old, disgruntled guy that refuses to run the plays called. He also was a locker room cancer. His play and salary was holding Tomlin back.
    Because we have a new qb learning the ropes, a poor-to-average O line that needs new pieces and really only one WR that stands out as being competent (esp. after losing Juju and Claypool) and a coordinator that is probably the worst in the league.

The D is probably good enough if we were consistent on O but it's not without needs as well.

Maybe rebuild isn't the right word but we're not contending for anything this year and we need more than 1-2 new good players to improve and I'm sure that's not lost on Tomlin at this point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Because we have a new qb learning the ropes, a poor-to-average O line that needs new pieces and really only one WR that stands out as being competent (esp. after losing Juju and Claypool) and a coordinator that is probably the worst in the league.

The D is probably good enough if we were consistent on O but it's not without needs as well.

Maybe rebuild isn't the right word but we're not contending for anything this year and we need more than 1-2 new good players to improve and I'm sure that's not lost on Tomlin at this point.
    I think the ‘new qb’ is just a other excuse for Tomlin.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    19 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think it's in Tomlin's make up to give up. He will continue to help to work to develop this team.

I think the left side of the Oline needs to be addressed in the off season. I think they need to draft a foundation LT and bring in serious competition for Dotson.