Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Woodson in '88 NFL fastest man race

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Woodson in '88 NFL fastest man race



    I won't ruin it for those who doesn't know who wins, but Rod was impressive as a rookie. What a freak athlete Rod was. He deserves to be known as a Steeler great, even though he never won a ring in Pgh.

    As an aside, shows like this were much better back in those days. You don't see competitions like this anymore. I don't know if the athletes are afraid of the straight forward competition these days or what. This was pure and simple: let's line up and see who is the fastest. They don't seem to have competitions like this anymore.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Maybe my favorite player ever, so fun to watch. Still pisses me off he didn't stay with the Steelers. Regardless, definitely one of the greatest Steeler players ever and one of the greatest CBs to play the game.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Maybe my favorite player ever, so fun to watch. Still pisses me off he didn't stay with the Steelers. Regardless, definitely one of the greatest Steeler players ever and one of the greatest CBs to play the game.
    He not only was lightening fast, unlike Deion, he was physical too. Not afraid to stick his nose in there and make a tackle, even on a big RB. He was a complete football player, one of the best CBs to ever put on cleats. A great one.


  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I loved these.

    Wish they’d go back to it but I suspect some guys wouldn’t want to run because it could cost them money. Just like some are afraid to run at the combine.

    But then I bet some others guys could surprise us.

    With all the modern analytics, you kinda already know how fast guys are as it gets measured on the field.

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    That was fun to watch! Thanks for posting.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post


    I won't ruin it for those who doesn't know who wins, but Rod was impressive as a rookie. What a freak athlete Rod was. He deserves to be known as a Steeler great, even though he never won a ring in Pgh.

    As an aside, shows like this were much better back in those days. You don't see competitions like this anymore. I don't know if the athletes are afraid of the straight forward competition these days or what. This was pure and simple: let's line up and see who is the fastest. They don't seem to have competitions like this anymore.
    What was impressive is that nobody came close to the winner, and that was a bunch of fast dudes.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    What was impressive is that nobody came close to the winner, and that was a bunch of fast dudes.
    Green is arguably the fastest man to ever play in the NFL.

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Woodson was great. Green was one of many great players from the that incredible 1st round of the 83 draft.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    jeez. rod's legs were all muscle

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Maybe my favorite player ever, so fun to watch. Still pisses me off he didn't stay with the Steelers. Regardless, definitely one of the greatest Steeler players ever and one of the greatest CBs to play the game.
    I still got to give the edge to Troy.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •