Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RB Master Teague Signed

Legend

User Info Menu

Not worth getting excited or unhappy about. Won't be on the roster long IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Not worth getting excited or unhappy about. Won't be on the roster long IMO.
    If he's in the game with a late lead with fresh legs, I think you may change your mind.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    If he's in the game with a late lead with fresh legs, I think you may change your mind.
    My guess is that he doesn't dress and that he's just being signed as a guy to help in practices. But we'll see.

I guess maybe there's an argument that we should keep him and drop McFarland once Warren's back to 100%. We're not making the playoffs this year and I think decisions should now be about looking more to next year than this year. If we think that we'll take Teague over McF on the roster next season, then might as well make that switch now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bawb the Revelator View Post
    Shawn, I'm no Xs/Os guy. Joel cites Najee's lack of outside speed [shiftiness?] If so, Teague isn't "the answer" either.
    Harris has more than enough speed. He has been nursing a lis franc sprain since earlier this season. It's why he doesn't look as explosive this season. He ran a 4.45 at the combine and when HEALTHY has more than enough speed to test the edges. I like to see yall walk let alone run on a Lis Franc sprain.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Harris has more than enough speed. He has been nursing a lis franc sprain since earlier this season. It's why he doesn't look as explosive this season. He ran a 4.45 at the combine and when HEALTHY has more than enough speed to test the edges. I like to see yall walk let alone run on a Lis Franc sprain.
    I don't think he actually ran at either the combine or Alabama pro day.

That 4.45 reported is highly questionable in my view.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

I guess I made an assumption of where bleacher report got his 40 time.

Legend

User Info Menu

This.

He didn't run anything official. The 4.45 is apparently something he ran at some time in college. We don't know the date of the method for the timing.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This.

He didn't run anything official. The 4.45 is apparently something he ran at some time in college. We don't know the date of the method for the timing.
    I don't think he has that kind of Jets. Even at Bama, "speedster" is not what comes to mind watching him.
    That said, Emmett Smith was no speed demon either, so 40 times don't make a runningback in my view.

I do think Shawn is right in that injuries play a role in what we are seeing this season.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think he has that kind of Jets. Even at Bama, "speedster" is not what comes to mind watching him.
    That said, Emmett Smith was no speed demon either, so 40 times don't make a runningback in my view.

I do think Shawn is right in that injuries play a role in what we are seeing this season.
    We’ll hear more about it at seasons end.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Najee had no problem on that TD run last week.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?