Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We think Kenny has been playing bad?

Legend

User Info Menu

We think Kenny has been playing bad?

9-22, 77 yards. That's what Zach Wilson threw for last game vs. NE. That makes Kenny look like Dan Marino circa 1984.

Any how, enough is enough, Jets have benched Wilson for next game. So, yes, Kenny has not been sensational, but he could be worse; he could be Zach Wilson bad. The only good point about a young QB playing that bad, is you KNOW you need another QB to get better. Shockingly, with QB play as bad as ZW, Jets are still on track to make the playoffs.

Legend

User Info Menu

Think I heard he had like 2 yards passing in the 2nd half.

that defense is legit though.They held the pats offense to 3 points. All they needed was 1 play from their QB and they could win the game.
    Another defensive coach ruining a young high pedigree QB.
    you think the jets would have learned something from Rex and Sanchez
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 11-23-2022 at 01:25 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Think I heard he had like 2 yards passing in the 2nd half.

that defense is legit though.They held the pats offense to 3 points. All they needed was 1 play from their QB and they could win the game.
    Another defensive coach ruining a young high pedigree QB.
    you think the jets would have learned something from Rex and Sanchez
    I can't say I know enough about the situation to realize how much fault is which: the D minded HC or the QB. Sanchez proved to be bad in his own right.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Zach has been benched finally.

After 20 starts, he's still hot garbage.

Legend

User Info Menu

Does anyone else think that over-all, the play in the nfl this year has be lesser than many years prior?

Could just be me, but so many games are head scratchers.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Does anyone else think that over-all, the play in the nfl this year has be lesser than many years prior?

Call me an old head but now that the NFL is made up of Millennials and Gen Z it feels like the game play has become a bit mundane overall.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post

It's not just this year imo, it's been bad for a while now. Sort of feels like an ongoing strike year lol, I mean not that bad but so many bad/mediocre teams led by mediocre coaches all coaching largely from the same system. Athletes in the NFL are obviously faster today, better conditioned, etc. but fundamentals seems worse like tackling. Rule changes have made the game worse, honestly I barely watch any games outside the Steelers at this point, it's just not a good product.

I really think that if the NFL wasn't so established I don't think a lot of people would be watching right now. It's funny if you actually watch clips from games from the 80s or even 90s and compare the crowds from then to today, it's way different, fans were way more into the game then imo. Just watch clips from the Steelers Oilers playoff game from 89, it was nuts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    It's not just this year imo, it's been bad for a while now. Sort of feels like an ongoing strike year lol, I mean not that bad but so many bad/mediocre teams led by mediocre coaches all coaching largely from the same system. Athletes in the NFL are obviously faster today, better conditioned, etc. but fundamentals seems worse like tackling. Rule changes have made the game worse, honestly I barely watch any games outside the Steelers at this point, it's just not a good product.

I really think that if the NFL wasn't so established I don't think a lot of people would be watching right now. It's funny if you actually watch clips from games from the 80s or even 90s and compare the crowds from then to today, it's way different, fans were way more into the game then imo. Just watch clips from the Steelers Oilers playoff game from 89, it was nuts.
    THAT was a great game; Chuck Noll's 2nd to last playoff game. What a great season, started off horribly but that team ended up pretty tough at the end, barely losing to Denver but beating Houston at Houston in the wildcard game first. Woodson made a game-saving tackle on 3rd down, making a tackle on a HB sweep.

Legend

User Info Menu

When they asked him if he felt like he let the D down he said no…

THAT was probably the moment he lost the locker room and his job.

A QB who can’t acknowledge when he plays bad won’t work to get better.

Jets could’ve had Fields at 2. They chose the QB who shot up the board late which usually involves over hyping from talking heads who have been greased by agents.

Contrast Zach Wilsons answer with Fields
    who apologized to the team for not playing well when the defense gave them chances in the last game.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Call me an old head but now that the NFL is made up of Millennials and Gen Z it feels like the game play has become a bit mundane overall.
    yeah.. that is definitely an old head take on the game.

I don’t think it has anything to do with Gen Z or Gen X or Gen Y.

When we are younger we look up at athletes.. and as we get older I think we
    start to look down on them.

Athletes are hero’s when we are kids.. and now they are spoiled little brats.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"