Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intriguing OCs

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Do you really think Flores is on staff next season? I don't. This was a placeholder job and just like any season there will be HC positions open. Now, getting hired is another story.
    You don't get promoted from linebacker coach when your defense is bad.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Unless Tomlin steps down or changes his mind numbingly dumb offensive philosophy I don't think it'll matter who the next OC is. But who knows, I guess crazier things have happened.

But just from a fan/entertainment perspective this offense is just not enjoyable to watch and after all we watch football to be entertained. I think I'd take the Bubby years over this one tbh, at least they threw it deep once in a while and Hoge and Lipps were fun to watch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You don't get promoted from linebacker coach when your defense is bad.
    You do when you see the turnaround in Bush. Rocketed up to a 58.2 rating from a 34.4 last season....awesome stuff!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm ready for a complete overhaul from bottom to top. Not a Tomlin hater but the same act is getting old. I need a new Church, a new Preacher.
    I'd consider keeping Flores as DC and bringing in someone like Reich as OC.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What difference will a different OC make when we have no talent?
    Canít hold Canada responsible.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    19 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    What difference will a different OC make when we have no talent?
    Can’t hold Canada responsible.
    Steelers replace Canada with the Groper? {"Hey, this Mex slut asked for it".]

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/nov/23/arizona-cardinals-reportedly-fire-assistant-coach-kugler-over-groping-allegation

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I'm ready for a complete overhaul from bottom to top. Not a Tomlin hater but the same act is getting old. I need a new Church, a new Preacher.
    I'd consider keeping Flores as DC and bringing in someone like Reich as OC.
    I would be on board with this...watching the same garbage every week gets old quick....repeat ...repeat ....repeat...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You do when you see the turnaround in Bush. Rocketed up to a 58.2 rating from a 34.4 last season....awesome stuff!
    Jack had a similar rise to mediocrity this year, but Flores won't get a HC job next year based on what happened this season, he'll be a top candidate based on what he did in Miami and how he was fired.

I like the offensive guys on your list, need a guy with chops that has total control of the offense. If they just walk down the hall and toss the playbook on Mike Sullivan's desk, gonna be a huge uphill struggle for Kenny for two more years.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 11-24-2022 at 09:54 AM.