Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Games Back

Legend

User Info Menu

3 Games Back

We’re only 3 games out of making the playoffs with 7 games to go.

I know it’s a long way off and we’ve still got a lot of glaring holes in our team right now.

However, we have been close enough that some continued development and this team could start squeaking out wins and go on a run.

We may not be a great team, but I also don’t think we’re as awful as most think.

Legend

User Info Menu

Where have I heard this before?

Need to win the next two setting up the season defining game with the Rats. WC road is difficult with losses to the entire AFC East, need a sweep of Baltimore and a collapse of sorts there.

It's a super longshot, but short of it I just want to see continued development from Kenny and other young players. Najee is looking much better lately, for example. Highsmith looks to be earning a 2nd contract. Bush is even better, in the run game anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lest anyone's given up;

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2o1WeHP][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2o1WeHP]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jim Mora enters the room...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Jim Mora enters the room...
    Still my favorite podium speech of all time,

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Lest anyone's given up;r
    So, you're sayin' there's a chance!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    We’re only 3 games out of making the playoffs with 7 games to go.

I know it’s a long way off and we’ve still got a lot of glaring holes in our team right now.

However, we have been close enough that some continued development and this team could start squeaking out wins and go on a run.

We may not be a great team, but I also don’t think we’re as awful as most think.
    Love the semi-optimism!

This is the first season I can remember in a while where I'm not emotional during games. I have such low expectations that I'm not emotionally invested. I think 99% of my focus during the game is to watch Kenny and see how he's progressing.

If we had beaten the Bungles a 2nd time, I'd have a glimmer of playoff hope. That was a game we needed. That could have spring boarded us somewhat. We hung in there all game long with them. But we're just not there yet. But I agree, we're not as awful as most think and there are a few signs of life. I'll be pleasantly SHOCKED if we even flirt with a playoff spot.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Where have I heard this before?

Need to win the next two setting up the season defining game with the Rats. WC road is difficult with losses to the entire AFC East, need a sweep of Baltimore and a collapse of sorts there.

It's a super longshot, but short of it I just want to see continued development from Kenny and other young players. Najee is looking much better lately, for example. Highsmith looks to be earning a 2nd contract. Bush is even better, in the run game anyway.
    last year we needed the Jags to beat the Colts and the Raiders/Chargers game to not end in a tie..

and it literally came down to the last second of the regular season.

until we are out, we have a chance.. lol.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Win or lose, I’ll continue to watch every single Steelers game for the remainder of this season and for the rest of my life as well but the playoffs aren’t realistic this season and might not be for some time unless the entire current coaching staff is purged.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Still my favorite podium speech of all time,

Such a gem, repeated endlessly until the end of time.