Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Games Back

Legend

User Info Menu

Flip...I love you. And this team is pretty bad.

But it can get better in the rest of the season.

I'd like to see Kenny making more plays (and WRs catching the nice passes he throws). And I'd give some more snaps to guys who are young / going to be here next season over guys who are old / not going to be here next season (i.e. Pierre [RFA], Leal, maybe even Robinson?) .

We're at the point where we should be prioritizing development and evaluation of guys to make next year's team better. It sucks, but being consistently competitive in the NFL is really hard and I don't think we should sacrifice that development and evaluation to eek out an extra win or two this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    last year we needed the Jags to beat the Colts and the Raiders/Chargers game to not end in a tie..

and it literally came down to the last second of the regular season.

until we are out, we have a chance.. lol.
    Last year was last year; we still had Ben under center. I warned his lack of 4th quarter heroics was gonna hurt us before the season started. We've already seen it in spades.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Flip...I love you. And this team is pretty bad.

But it can get better in the rest of the season.

I'd like to see Kenny making more plays (and WRs catching the nice passes he throws). And I'd give some more snaps to guys who are young / going to be here next season over guys who are old / not going to be here next season (i.e. Pierre [RFA], Leal, maybe even Robinson?) .

We're at the point where we should be prioritizing development and evaluation of guys to make next year's team better. It sucks, but being consistently competitive in the NFL is really hard and I don't think we should sacrifice that development and evaluation to eek out an extra win or two this season.
    Boom, shalackalacka boom

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    last year we needed the Jags to beat the Colts and the Raiders/Chargers game to not end in a tie..

and it literally came down to the last second of the regular season.

until we are out, we have a chance.. lol.
    I wonder when the last time a team that was 15th in a 16 team conference with 10 games played made the playoffs.

My guess is that it's basically never.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I wonder when the last time a team that was 15th in a 16 team conference with 10 games played made the playoffs.

My guess is that it's basically never.
    In 2018 the Eagles were 4-6 and made the playoffs. That’s close to 3-7.

KC was 1-5 in 2015 and made the playoffs.

Those looked about the closest I could find in terms of in season turn arounds.

Those were also back when there were 6 playoff slots.

Never been done doesn’t mean impossible