Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: It wasn't just the Bengals that knew the Steelers' plays

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The fact that Canada's offense has not changed all that much from Fichtner's tells me that they both were basically implementing the style of offense that Tomlin was looking for.
    [Robert Redford nodding gif]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Enlighten us all on the coaches decisions that were made that loss games for the Steelers. I will wait.

I can easily point to mistakes and executions errors that loss games for the Steeelers. Why? Because most games are won or loss on the field.

You are intelligent enough to know that if you study enough that you can decipher a team's tendencies if you watch enough film/video. Add computers to the equation and what what? World chess champs loss to computers so....

I think that any professional that studied enough and learned enough in their profession can automatically point out..............mitakes, flaws, positives, ect.

I remember that Parcell's made a comment about groceries.

I also remember that Tomlin said that if the owner wants..............

In my mind if my boss wants me to do X, Y, or Z I will do my best to make it happen as a pro. Would you quit if you were Tomlin or would you attempt to rise to the challenge?

Easy decision for you right?
    yes men are for the under performing...If I'm the head coach I will do whats best for the team that I control. That should have been made clear in the interview before, Tomlin took the job....

Legend

User Info Menu

Matt Canada responds to Bengals LB saying Steelers ‘do the same plays over and over’

Thursday, Nov. 24, 2022

https://triblive.com/sports/matt-can...over-and-over/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    yes men are for the under performing...If I'm the head coach I will do whats best for the team that I control. That should have been made clear in the interview before, Tomlin took the job....
    Show me a HC that never had a losing season in the NFL. Show me a coach that never had a team "underperform". So I don't agree with the "yes men" opinion that you have. Why? Read below:

The ultimate show of "under performing" in my life time was the Brady/BB show that loss to the Giants in the Superbowl. I can go through the history of football and show a wide range of upsets.

Cowher had his share upsets. Cowher had to become a "yes man" for the organization/owner to draft Ben. Levy. Parcells. Noll. ect ect All yes men that under performed? Ask yourself why this happened? Was it coaching? Player execution? The other guys get paid too? Ownership wanted this or that?

Ultimately, coaches (yes men) bow down to owners. Owners are the boss.
    Last edited by BURGH86STEEL; 11-24-2022 at 06:52 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nothing all that revealing there: The owners own the team, of course they have the FINAL say on whatever they wish, with each individual team operating at various levels of owner engagement. Jerry Jones has maximum involvement, with actually holding the title of "GM" of his team. Art II, as his predecessors, like to operate in the shadows, but make no mistake: They are a part of all the major decisions, such as who the 1st round pick and coordinators are. The Steelers keep almost all decisions murky, so as no one person is ever accountable. For instance, they feign that Tomlin makes coordinator decisions, but alas, he does not. The Bruce Arians situation certainly bore that out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Show me a HC that never had a losing season in the NFL. Show me a coach that never had a team "underperform". So I don't agree with the "yes men" opinion that you have. Why? Read below:

The ultimate show of "under performing" in my life time was the Brady/BB show that loss to the Giants in the Superbowl. I can go through the history of football and show a wide range of upsets.

Cowher had his share upsets. Cowher had to become a "yes man" for the organization/owner to draft Ben. Levy. Parcells. Noll. ect ect All yes men that under performed? Ask yourself why this happened? Was it coaching? Player execution? The other guys get paid too? Ownership wanted this or that?

Point I was trying to make was when what your doing isn't working, stop doing the same thing over and over again..change it no matter what Rooney says as FAR AS COACHING GOES NOT EVERYTHING....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I consider them educated guesses based on years of evidence.
    Predicting any FUTURE results, even using "educated guesses" is speculation... There are too many "years of evidence" to choose a complete set of facts to make any "educated guesses" un-biased...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

make was when what your doing isn't working, stop doing the same thing over and over again..change it no matter what Rooney says as FAR AS COACHING GOES NOT EVERYTHING....[/QUOTE]

A flea-flicker works approximately seldom... If Sean McVay calls it once and it works, he's a GENIUS; but if Mike Tomlin runs it and the Steelers don't execute, is he a hack?? If there was a play that consistently gets 3.3 yards 100% of the time, I'd run it 100% of the time and go for it on 4th down 100% of the time...

Legend

User Info Menu

Bump. Credit to the Steelers for executing through the simplistic game plan that every defender in the league knows by heart.

https://twitter.com/StatsGuyDaniel/s...Y4HfcBIIBoVbkw

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Bump. Credit to the Steelers for executing through the simplistic game plan that every defender in the league knows by heart.

https://twitter.com/StatsGuyDaniel/s...Y4HfcBIIBoVbkw
    Every defender SHOULD know every gameplan of every team they encounter.... It's kinda their job... By the time you get to the NFL, there's not much new under the sun, and you are more likely to make things more complicated than you have to... This usually results in miscommunication to your own team of your gameplan... Witness OC Bruce Arians and Steeler QB Kordell Stewart... You act like learning the opponents' gameplan is hard....
    Last edited by TheRealTazz864; Yesterday at 09:31 AM.