Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It wasn't just the Bengals that knew the Steelers' plays

Legend

User Info Menu

It wasn't just the Bengals that knew the Steelers' plays

The Fan Morning Show reminded me this morning that the Ravens and WFT were saying the same thing back in 2020 when the 11-0 season started to crumble.

I swear, Canada has been doing this for--, oh, wait, that's right, it was Fichtner back then.

Well, I guess old coach Randy was handcuffed by Kenn--, oh wait, Kenny was still in college.

Hmmm....two OC's, five different QBs, four seasons of bad, simple, predictable offense. What is the one constant in the midst of all of those variables?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ravens should know what we are doing. We should also know what the Bengals, Rats and Stains are doing. Still have to stop them but division rivals usually know their opponents tendencies pretty well.

This is why most division games are toss ups.

and we have won 4 straight vs the Rats. So apparently knowing what we are doesn’t change most outcomes.

WFT knew we liked quick passes in 2020 so they sagged back and knocked down passes.

but its also why we forced 5 turnovers in the first Bengals game and intercepted Burrows first pass of the season.

“Knowing is half the battle!” - Optimus
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    What is the one constant in the midst of all of those variables?

The Tomlin lovers are going to get after you; just letting you know.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Fan Morning Show reminded me this morning that the Ravens and WFT were saying the same thing back in 2020 when the 11-0 season started to crumble.

I swear, Canada has been doing this for--, oh, wait, that's right, it was Fichtner back then.

Well, I guess old coach Randy was handcuffed by Kenn--, oh wait, Kenny was still in college.

Hmmm....two OC's, five different QBs, four seasons of bad, simple, predictable offense. What is the one constant in the midst of all of those variables?

Legend

User Info Menu

Same "constant" that has had the most success against those same Lamarr led Ravens.

They know what we are going to do AND YET we routinely beat them anyway?

Sounds like you just made a fine case for "execution" to me.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Don't owners pay coaches to know what other teams do?? So, who do you think knows more of what every team in the division does than the guy who's coached in the division the longest?? But probably, every other team in Pittsburgh's division knows every other team in Pittsburgh's division. But if you only know 60% every year for 16 years... you still know more than some hack who learns 80% but has only been coaching for 5 years....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Ooh, gotta luv the infighting.

Seriously whisper,
    There is a difference between a constant unrelenting negative take (Debbie Downer) and a criticism of one aspect of the team.

I know you are trying to point out hypocrisy, but it does not stick. A blend of positive and negative is an honest evaluation.

Example of a true Debbie Downer?

When you start a thread with a "positive" title, I know it is ALWAYS a quote from an article that you will bash before opening it. Why?

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

This has been my biggest criticism of him over the years. His love for the short passing game and being unwilling to take risks offensively
    He fired Arians who like to come out and take a shot or two, and since then it's been all OCs who are tasked with a short/quick passing game, per his orders.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    1. Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
    2a. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    2b. O'Cyrus Torrence, OG Florida
    3. Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
    4. Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
    7a.
    7b.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Ooh, gotta luv the infighting.

Seriously whisper,
    There is a difference between a constant unrelenting negative take (Debbie Downer) and a criticism of one aspect of the team.

I know you are trying to point out hypocrisy, but it does not stick. A blend of positive and negative is an honest evaluation.

Example of a true Debbie Downer?

When you start a thread with a "positive" title, I know it is ALWAYS a quote from an article that you will bash before opening it. Why?
    You don't understand the concept of "hypocrisy" is all. It's OK, sonny.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    This has been my biggest criticism of him over the years. His love for the short passing game and being unwilling to take risks offensively
    He fired Arians who like to come out and take a shot or two, and since then it's been all OCs who are tasked with a short/quick passing game, per his orders.
    You need to sit back and enjoy this Tomlin made team. It's his team; this is what he wants and how he wants it. I want him to continue to mold and shape things all in the form that he sees fit. 3 more years of Tomlin please!
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.