Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there something to...

Legend

User Info Menu

Is there something to...

the concern about Pickett's hand size?

Coldest game of the season and his throws were all over the place. Sailing high! Into the ground! Behind receivers!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm hoping those errant throws had more to do with the pressure he was feeling than his hand size in the cold. He had some very nice throws in that game too. We'll see as the season goes on. It's unlikely to be getting warmer in Pittsburgh.

Legend

User Info Menu

maybe that’s why Muth, Najee and Pickens dropped passes last game.

Tiny hands make for tiny spirals
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    the concern about Pickett's hand size?

Coldest game of the season and his throws were all over the place. Sailing high! Into the ground! Behind receivers!
    No, it's a myth due to the silly way the NFL measures hands, which is flat on a table. He can't flatten his hand, but it wraps around the football at 9.5" (according to Tom Pelissero). Shame on any GM who bought that epic nonsense...no wonder Kenny and his GF were laughing about it on draft night.

https://twitter.com/josephperson/sta...M5nA61hotuODQA
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 11-22-2022 at 10:12 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW, legendary Lions WR Herman Moore had a similar "problem", was called "small handed". MF'er never let a ball slip through his mitts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    BTW, legendary Lions WR Herman Moore had a similar "problem", was called "small handed". MF'er never let a ball slip through his mitts.
    Josh Allen just fumbled in his own end zone with a minute left bs Minnesota the other week.

Can you imagine Ovi and others if Kenny fumbled a snap like that?

Its the tiny hands!!!!
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Put in MITCH !!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    No, it's a myth due to the silly way the NFL measures hands, which is flat on a table. He can't flatten his hand, but it wraps around the football at 9.5" (according to Tom Pelissero). Shame on any GM who bought that epic nonsense...no wonder Kenny and his GF were laughing about it on draft night.

https://twitter.com/josephperson/sta...M5nA61hotuODQA
    Pickens has small hands too. Explains why Chase Claypool who was born with baseball gloves never drops a pass.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

We need to draft this guy:

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'm hoping those errant throws had more to do with the pressure he was feeling than his hand size in the cold. He had some very nice throws in that game too. We'll see as the season goes on. It's unlikely to be getting warmer in Pittsburgh.
    He had some down right terrible, off-target throws though. He really did.