Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking Kenny's progress

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    They admitted as much after the game, Cinci LB said they knew what plays we were running and that the Steelers are known to keep running the same plays, over and over again. Case solved, they knew what was coming. It's the Obtuse Shades way.
    Wait, so we don't have to draft a new QB, just get rid of Shades?

You don't know whether to cry or wind your watch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    And of course, this seed where Kenny threw George open but he dropped a TD that would have made that game more interesting with 2 minutes left.

https://twitter.com/byysports/status...sOpXy-nIoGVWhQ
    I think this pass and the one down the sideline that Pickens grabbed were both really good throws.

The long TD was nice too, but I think the throws on both of these was better (the throw on the TD wasn't all that great, but Pickens was very open and KP found him and got the ball there which is good).

I thought KP looked pretty good, especially in the first half.

I would like to see us use PF more. Especially in the red zone.

Good thing Tomlin didn't know we were going to call these plays, right

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I'm waiting/hoping for Kenny to look better than Dobbs. So far, I haven't seen it. Some nice athleticism and a few decent throws, followed by some poor decisions and very bad throws.

But it's still very early for Kenny and I have to keep reminding myself that he's had very little reps with the 1's and is playing in an offense that 4 QBs haven't had much success in.
    I think people need to stop with the 'very litle reps with the 1's' mantra. KP has now had the equivalent of more than an entire preseason and a half of reps with the 1s. Time to look for other reasons.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I think people need to stop with the 'very litle reps with the 1's' mantra. KP has now had the equivalent of more than an entire preseason and a half of reps with the 1s. Time to look for other reasons.
    yah.. why have OTA’s, camp
    and preseason when you can just get reps during your first season on the fly.. lmao.

Cmon dude.. you know damn well reps in camp are the best way to improve chemistry with QB’s. Manning and Tom Brady and Favre were notorious for hogging all the reps they could in camps.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

This.

Maybe it mattered at some point.

But he's had far more work with the 1s now (practices and games) than he would have had in the preseason.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yah.. why have OTA’s, camp
    and preseason when you can just get reps during your first season on the fly.. lmao.

Cmon dude.. you know damn well reps in camp are the best way to improve chemistry with QB’s. Manning and Tom Brady and Favre were notorious for hogging all the reps they could in camps.
    He's played 6 games and been practicing at the #1 spot for like 7 weeks.

How long does he get this excuse?

Legend

User Info Menu

Like calling Canada a QB killer and calling for his firing?

Seems like you're playing both sides of this just to argue.

Legend

User Info Menu

This list won't be chronological...this is the 4th down play from Miami.

https://twitter.com/BlitzGuyOG/statu...oznNlEXAN1_IFQ

Legend

User Info Menu

Let's not forget this one from his debut.

https://twitter.com/FQPitt/status/15...oznNlEXAN1_IFQ