Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking Kenny's progress

Legend

User Info Menu

Great escapability, keeps eyes downfield.

https://twitter.com/TommyJaggi/statu...BLrZo9b8r8OrZQ

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Great escapability, keeps eyes downfield.

https://twitter.com/TommyJaggi/statu...BLrZo9b8r8OrZQ
    This is the guy I thought we would see early and often this year. Part of the problem is consistency but a larger part is WR’s simply aren’t getting open.

I don’t know if its speed or lack of skill but far too often I just see WR’s running like robots. Where is the wiggle? Where is the head fakes, slight moves that get separation?

Some people say scheme but I don’t see
    that dawg in DJ. He doesn’t look like he wants to do anything after a catch besides get down to avoid a hit.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This is the guy I thought we would see early and often this year. Part of the problem is consistency but a larger part is WR’s simply aren’t getting open.

I don’t know if its speed or lack of skill but far too often I just see WR’s running like robots. Where is the wiggle? Where is the head fakes, slight moves that get separation?

Some people say scheme but I don’t see
    that dawg in DJ. He doesn’t look like he wants to do anything after a catch besides get down to avoid a hit.
    Dj is ready to go. He's just trying to get to another team at this point. Checked out.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's crazy how much it was a tale of two halves;

1st half QB rating; 112.0
    2nd half QB rating; 40.6

And Canada/Tomlin seemed befuddled on what to do about it in the second half. Like the script was written for the game and they weren't going to change it regardless of outcomes.

And while Pickett's yds/att has risen in recent weeks his completion rate is now in backup QB territory.

So depending on whether you are the optimist or the pessimist you could have your pick in the last game, first half or second half.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    It's crazy how much it was a tale of two halves;

1st half QB rating; 112.0
    2nd half QB rating; 40.6

And Canada/Tomlin seemed befuddled on what to do about it in the second half. Like the script was written for the game and they weren't going to change it regardless of outcomes.

And while Pickett's yds/att has risen in recent weeks his completion rate is now in backup QB territory.

So depending on whether you are the optimist or the pessimist you could have your pick in the last game, first half or second half.
    So how is your assessment of KP going so far? Do you like what you've seen? Do you think Canada inefficiencies at being an OC is more to blame?
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Backup

User Info Menu

Here's what I noticed in the 2nd half. After the Steelers were set, there was a lot of movement in the Bengals D. It appeared they were moving bodies( guessing) where the ball was going. It appeared to work. I said to myself,they seem to know the direction of the play.

I'm no defensive guru but in my inexperienced opinion, it looked like the Bengals were guessing or predicting all our plays.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Dj is ready to go. He's just trying to get to another team at this point. Checked out.
    What? He just signed a contract.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    DJ just signed a new contract, yet he's trying to get to another team at this point?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm waiting/hoping for Kenny to look better than Dobbs. So far, I haven't seen it. Some nice athleticism and a few decent throws, followed by some poor decisions and very bad throws.

But it's still very early for Kenny and I have to keep reminding myself that he's had very little reps with the 1's and is playing in an offense that 4 QBs haven't had much success in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    Here's what I noticed in the 2nd half. After the Steelers were set, there was a lot of movement in the Bengals D. It appeared they were moving bodies( guessing) where the ball was going. It appeared to work. I said to myself,they seem to know the direction of the play.

I'm no defensive guru but in my inexperienced opinion, it looked like the Bengals were guessing or predicting all our plays.
    They admitted as much after the game, Cinci LB said they knew what plays we were running and that the Steelers are known to keep running the same plays, over and over again. Case solved, they knew what was coming. It's the Obtuse Shades way.