Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3-7. Where to we go from here.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

3-7. Where to we go from here.

Where do we go from here? If you watch Tomlin closely he looks and sounds a bit checked out. Guys pick up on this. We have 7 games left to finish out the season. Where do we go from here?
    Better QB play is a huge need. Pickett's dump off game isn't getting many points or yards. Pickett is last in the NFL of plays over 20 yards. We need a new LT and LG. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is 19-18-1 in last 38 games played and hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I didn't see the post game but I saw an article that mentioned Tomlin seemed different after this loss, wasn't his usual BS talk self. IMO, he has seemed checked out for some time and I wouldn't be surprised if that rumor of him almost leaving for a TV gig is true.

I've said it a hundred times, team needs a complete overhaul, nothing is changing until then, not a new QB, not a new CB, not a new DL, it doesn't matter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    I didn't see the post game but I saw an article that mentioned Tomlin seemed different after this loss, wasn't his usual BS talk self. IMO, he has seemed checked out for some time and I wouldn't be surprised if that rumor of him almost leaving for a TV gig is true.

I've said it a hundred times, team needs a complete overhaul, nothing is changing until then, not a new QB, not a new CB, not a new DL, it doesn't matter.
    I have been saying for years that Tomlin and his under achieved ways reativte to the talent we have had needs to go. Ben isn't here to help him in 4th quart comebacks anymore. If he is leaving us for tv and thinking about that, well shame on him!
    Better QB play is a huge need. Pickett's dump off game isn't getting many points or yards. Pickett is last in the NFL of plays over 20 yards. We need a new LT and LG. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is 19-18-1 in last 38 games played and hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

To 5-7, like I said we would be when we were 2-6. I had the Saints, Colts, and Falcons games marked as wins, the Cincy game as a loss.

Legend

User Info Menu

Same as if we won.

Try to develop and evaluate Kenny.

Wins and losses shouldn't really matter this season. And they certainly don't know because it's virtually impossible to make the playoffs now. So we should really, really focus on development.

Was nice to (1) get a nice long TD pass (although I think the one to Pickens down the sideline was a better throw); (2) have some success to get points in the time limited drive before the half; and (3) have success against prevent at the end of the game.

Still too many 3 and outs and still need to get better in the red zone. But I think this game was an improvement for the offense.

The D has to carry them in games like this if we want to win (should be a secondary goal this season IMO). And while they did generate 2 turnovers, they needed to be better at stopping the Bengals from scoring.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 11-21-2022 at 09:15 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Kenny's deep ball was better yesterday, even the Pickens one he missed that would have been negated by the holding call...he broke the pocket and improvised that one off platform, which didn't show any sign of arm strength issues to me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Kenny's deep ball was better yesterday, even the Pickens one he missed that would have been negated by the holding call...he broke the pocket and improvised that one off platform, which didn't show any sign of arm strength issues to me.
    He was but his arm is still lacking velocity and if not for Watt amazing interception the Bengals would have scored more points. We were lucky to have they committed several errors in the first game. Burrow arm which is not confused as great is at least two notches above Pickett's

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    To 5-7, like I said we would be when we were 2-6. I had the Saints, Colts, and Falcons games marked as wins, the Cincy game as a loss.
    next 2 games are on the road.

we’ll be lucky to win 1 of them

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Easy schedule the rest of the way. No reason not to be able to win 5 of them.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    20 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

We go to the next game.

Its been 15 years since we’ve had a season like this.. and its the first one since losing our HOFer QB.

We see who stays and who goes..

I said this back end would determine if Canada stays or goes.. but its obvious he needs to go. Dude kills momentum with these play calls after decent gains.

We need to send a few OL and DB’s packing as well.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?