Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who's responsible for this defense?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Better in-game adjustments by opponents?
    Halftime adjustments definitely favor opposing teams, Steelers coaching staff doesn't seem to believe in adjustments let's be honest here. Or if there are adjustments it's for the worst, see second half of last week's game for the offense.

My whole read of the situation is Tomlin and the defensive staff struggles when teams are desperate for points and/or are aggressively trying to score which is why Tomlin wants low scoring games, it's almost like he doesn't want the Steelers offense scoring a lot of points because of what happens on the other side of the ball when that does happen. This is also why sometimes the defense looks really solid and then looks really bad, even in the same game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Halftime adjustments definitely favor opposing teams, Steelers coaching staff doesn't seem to believe in adjustments let's be honest here. Or if there are adjustments it's for the worst, see second half of last week's game for the offense.

My whole read of the situation is Tomlin and the defensive staff struggles when teams are desperate for points and/or are aggressively trying to score which is why Tomlin wants low scoring games, it's almost like he doesn't want the Steelers offense scoring a lot of points because of what happens on the other side of the ball when that does happen. This is also why sometimes the defense looks really solid and then looks really bad, even in the same game.
    This ^^^^ exactly what I think…..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    This ^^^^ exactly what I thinků..
    Can any fan prove this to be the case? Not think but evidenced based.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Can any fan prove that it isn't?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steelers are the worst team in the league as games go on.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Don't the Steelers "come back" a lot?? (which would be the result of adjustments not working? Or do I have "last season..." goggles???
    Last edited by TheRealTazz864; 11-25-2022 at 05:37 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    The Steelers are the worst team in the league as games go on.

I don't know. Pretty tight race to the bottom between the Steelers and the Texans.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

At least the Texans don't nosedive from start to finish in point differential like the Steelers have accomplished to do.