Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's responsible for this defense?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Who's responsible for this defense?

With all these defensive mastermind coaches, you'd think giving them the highest paid defense would be absolutely dominant.

Tomlin, Austin, Flores. All of these clowns should be fired after today. Giving up 37 to Cincy, without Chase and Mixon is inexcusable. Whoever thought these CBs and ILBs would be good has some sort of mental disorder.

And again, I don't want to hear about the D being tired in the 2nd half. Do some f'n cardio.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The defense for years now have been doormats against competent offenses. The Steelers have averaged like 40 points given up in the last 3 or 4 playoff games, that is actually an insane stat.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    With all these defensive mastermind coaches, you'd think giving them the highest paid defense would be absolutely dominant.

Tomlin, Austin, Flores. All of these clowns should be fired after today. Giving up 37 to Cincy, without Chase and Mixon is inexcusable. Whoever thought these CBs and ILBs would be good has some sort of mental disorder.

And again, I don't want to hear about the D being tired in the 2nd half. Do some f'n cardio.
    " Cardio"...lmao.

Legend

User Info Menu

Making players do cardio doesn't make them your buddies; allowing them to play air hockey does, so that's what Shades does.

Spending the most $ on D shouldn't have you put out a D that gets 37 scored on it with an O missing their all pro WR and pro bowl RB, but alas, it did.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Making players do cardio doesn't make them your buddies; allowing them to play air hockey does, so that's what Shades does.

Spending the most $ on D shouldn't have you put out a D that gets 37 scored on it with an O missing their all pro WR and pro bowl RB, but alas, it did.
    Maybe Tomlin should go observe a youth football practice. He'll see the kids running laps, doing 'gassers', etc.

The Jets D was on the field all day too, and gave up 3 points

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Plenty of articles state Tomlin has been running it for years now.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    19 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Case in point, we stayed man to man against Higgins all game, and he caught the ball at will. My wife, who doesn't know a football from a meatball, even said 'why don't they cover that guy with 2 people?'. Yet, 3 defensive masterminds apparently never pondered that

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't want to hear about the D being tired in the 2nd half. Do some f'n cardio.

Lol. Iíve always wondered why no one ever talked about this.

Legend

User Info Menu

We haven't been good against explosive offenses in a while.

Which isn't good because we also aren't good at scoring points.

It's not a good combination in today's NFL.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Lol. I’ve always wondered why no one ever talked about this.
    I've never fully understood that excuse anyway. If your D is on the field for say 7 minutes, wouldn't logic dictate that the opposing offense is also on the field for the same 7 minutes? And the offense typically doesn't substitute anyone.

I mean, I get that it's more exhausting to chase people, tackle, etc. But overall it shouldn't be that big of a deal