Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 97

Thread: Can we stop comparing Pickett to Mahomes or Ben?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Can we stop comparing Pickett to Mahomes or Ben?

    Mahomes has special things that Pickett doesn't not to mention a way better arm. But I'm talking about an elite level offensive minded head coach and offensive pieces around him at the OL. That's is a BIG reason why he developed. His physically better though, has undeniable physical talent that Pickett lacks. He may have a better " football IQ " too. Not that I would use the wonder lick test to judge, but that is clearly in Mahomes favor too. I find his lack of arm strength/velocity level alarming ( If we are being honest ) and his QB reads, accuracy, and feels for a rookie to be sup par. Do I really need to go over why it's silly to compare him to Ben?

    Too bad the data isn't there to show the board what I'm talking about: the MPH on his short throws and how long it takes the average qb the similar throw passes. Pickett's passes lack velocity and he puts too much air on the deeper throws. Fans have to estimate these things maybe in the future we will have this type of data. But I tell you from watching a lot of football and being a fair gauge of such things, Picketts arm is lacking. He floats the deeper balls to his passses giving the DB's more time to break on the ball, which creates interceptions and more pass break ups. This goes for shorter passes too! Football is a game or inches and tenth's of a second! Can you hear what I'm talking about and smell the cheesecake ( they are great aren't they ) I'm cooking? And his reads and ability to see the field are well...he's a rookie.

    Pickett is better compared to Andy Dalton with better mobility, and lesser arm. Fans might cringe at reading this but Dalton at his best was as an above average QB. Maybe Pickett will reach this or pass it. Maybe he won't.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 11-15-2022 at 10:45 AM.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I agree, he'll either be worse than, equal to, or better than Andy Dalton.

    Glad that's sorted.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I agree, he'll either be worse than, equal to, or better than Andy Dalton.

    Glad that's sorted.
    You get it. Smell what I'm cooking? Another comparison would be well... I can't say it! But the list of first round Qb's isn't a bed of rosses.

    http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/qb
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I agree, he'll either be worse than, equal to, or better than Andy Dalton.

    Glad that's sorted.
    Andy Dalton was the better QB his rookie season. Not by much but better. KP's ceiling is more likely that of Dalton than even a Cutler. So yes comparing him to the greats in the game is insane to me.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Every QB in NFL history was less than, equal to, or better than Andy Dalton.

    Not sure what there is to get.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Every QB in NFL history was less than, equal to, or better than Andy Dalton.

    Not sure what there is to get.
    He sure didn't "get" your point.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I keep hearing that KP is accurate but lacks arm strength. Would be nice to have analytics around this. Is his arm really less strong than Peyton Manning's or Tom Brady's? Neither of those guys had a cannon.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I keep hearing that KP is accurate but lacks arm strength. Would be nice to have analytics around this. Is his arm really less strong than Peyton Manning's or Tom Brady's? Neither of those guys had a cannon.
    Yes, it noticeable less than Manning's and Brady's
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Yes, it noticeable less than Manning's and Brady's
    More like Montana. :]




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I doubt that will happen.

    It really comes down to personal responsibility.

    You can compare him to another QB..

    or

    just watch him develop and see where he ends up in a few years.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

    "Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •