Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97

Thread: Can we stop comparing Pickett to Mahomes or Ben?

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    How many rushing TDs did those 2 have.
    Do we only use that stat with darker skinned QBs??

    how did the offense get down so close to the end zone for kenny to run it in ??

    magic? Or did he help matriculate the ball down the field?
    You sure YOU wanna open THAT door? Suddenly running ability matters to you?

    I personally think run talent gets overated just like you.

    But to now make a big deal about Kennys running ability a history of dismissing its value?

    I am hopeful of Kenny personally. He is a raw rookie who had "accuracy" as his college strength. THAT makes me hopeful NOT his legs.

    But if we gotta use his legs which aren't even elite, to justify his value, consistency says you'd think Lamar is a better QB than he will ever be.

    I believe that pretty much EVERYONE here who credit "dark skinned" QBs running ability, are pro Kenny too. THEY are consistent.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-16-2022 at 01:28 PM.




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You sure YOU wanna open THAT door? Suddenly running ability matters to you?

    I personally think run talent gets overated just like you.

    But to now make a big deal about Kennys running ability a history of dismissing its value?

    I am hopeful of Kenny personally. He is a raw rookie who had "accuracy" as his college strength. THAT makes me hopeful NOT his legs.

    But if we gotta use his legs which aren't even elite, to justify his value, consistency says you'd think Lamar is a better QB than he will ever be.

    I believe that pretty much EVERYONE here who credit dark skinned QBs running ability, are pro Kenny too.
    don't really care if his running is elite or average.

    i care about scoring, driving the offense down to score. which he did.
    which he did in part by using his legs

    why is that being dismissed when its at an all time high/hype in the league right now?

    if thats the best part of his game in the following year or two and the passing isn't improved...then its time to move on.

    i have nothing against a mobile QB as long as he is a good to great passer. its why i've rated rodgers the best in the league over guys like brady and manning
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 11-16-2022 at 01:29 PM.

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    How many rushing TDs did those 2 have.
    Do we only use that stat with darker skinned QBs??

    how did the offense get down so close to the end zone for kenny to run it in ??

    magic? Or did he help matriculate the ball down the field?

    Find my post for me and help me prove Im Black


  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You sure YOU wanna open THAT door? Suddenly running ability matters to you?

    I personally think run talent gets overated just like you.

    But to now make a big deal about Kennys running ability a history of dismissing its value?

    I am hopeful of Kenny personally. He is a raw rookie who had "accuracy" as his college strength. THAT makes me hopeful NOT his legs.

    But if we gotta use his legs which aren't even elite, to justify his value, consistency says you'd think Lamar is a better QB than he will ever be.

    I believe that pretty much EVERYONE here who credit "dark skinned" QBs running ability, are pro Kenny too. THEY are consistent.
    credit to the DARK SKINT QB’s.. smh

    and this is the dude who claims I always play the race card.

    he is on a roll these last few days with some hilarious takes. He is unraveling right before our eyes.
    Find my post for me and help me prove Im Black


  5. #25
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    credit to the DARK SKINT QB’s.. smh

    and this is the dude who claims I always play the race card.

    he is on a roll these last few days with some hilarious takes. He is unraveling right before our eyes.
    unraveling. Lolol.

    im as tight as the joints you roll to smoke ur weedzz everyday
    HOLLA Boiiiii

    M. E. T. H. O. D. Maaaan.
    wooooooo

    my fave when in the ‘quip yo
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 11-17-2022 at 02:33 AM.

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Maybe I’ll say I’m leaving the board
    then make up a new screen name.

    POW !!!! Oh Wow
    yeah yeah boiii , I fools them muttafukkas

    Ssssssassssuuuupppp
    *****hits the bong*******

  7. #27
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Mahomes has special things that Pickett doesn't not to mention a way better arm. But I'm talking about an elite level offensive minded head coach and offensive pieces around him at the OL. That's is a BIG reason why he developed. His physically better though, has undeniable physical talent that Pickett lacks. He may have a better " football IQ " too. Not that I would use the wonder lick test to judge, but that is clearly in Mahomes favor too. I find his lack of arm strength/velocity level alarming ( If we are being honest ) and his QB reads, accuracy, and feels for a rookie to be sup par. Do I really need to go over why it's silly to compare him to Ben?

    Too bad the data isn't there to show the board what I'm talking about: the MPH on his short throws and how long it takes the average qb the similar throw passes. Pickett's passes lack velocity and he puts too much air on the deeper throws. Fans have to estimate these things maybe in the future we will have this type of data. But I tell you from watching a lot of football and being a fair gauge of such things, Picketts arm is lacking. He floats the deeper balls to his passses giving the DB's more time to break on the ball, which creates interceptions and more pass break ups. This goes for shorter passes too! Football is a game or inches and tenth's of a second! Can you hear what I'm talking about and smell the cheesecake ( they are great aren't they ) I'm cooking? And his reads and ability to see the field are well...he's a rookie.

    Pickett is better compared to Andy Dalton with better mobility, and lesser arm. Fans might cringe at reading this but Dalton at his best was as an above average QB. Maybe Pickett will reach this or pass it. Maybe he won't.
    Thank you, bro Joel. Stuff like this won't make you popular on PS but it cuts through all the "My team!" kudzu.

  8. #28
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Mahomes has special things that Pickett doesn't not to mention a way better arm. But I'm talking about an elite level offensive minded head coach and offensive pieces around him at the OL. That's is a BIG reason why he developed. His physically better though, has undeniable physical talent that Pickett lacks. He may have a better " football IQ " too. Not that I would use the wonder lick test to judge, but that is clearly in Mahomes favor too. I find his lack of arm strength/velocity level alarming ( If we are being honest ) and his QB reads, accuracy, and feels for a rookie to be sup par. Do I really need to go over why it's silly to compare him to Ben?

    Too bad the data isn't there to show the board what I'm talking about: the MPH on his short throws and how long it takes the average qb the similar throw passes. Pickett's passes lack velocity and he puts too much air on the deeper throws. Fans have to estimate these things maybe in the future we will have this type of data. But I tell you from watching a lot of football and being a fair gauge of such things, Picketts arm is lacking. He floats the deeper balls to his passses giving the DB's more time to break on the ball, which creates interceptions and more pass break ups. This goes for shorter passes too! Football is a game or inches and tenth's of a second! Can you hear what I'm talking about and smell the cheesecake ( they are great aren't they ) I'm cooking? And his reads and ability to see the field are well...he's a rookie.

    Pickett is better compared to Andy Dalton with better mobility, and lesser arm. Fans might cringe at reading this but Dalton at his best was as an above average QB. Maybe Pickett will reach this or pass it. Maybe he won't.
    Recent data is behind a paywall...and I'm not paying for another site.

    Somewhere I read than an elite arm can approach 60 mph. A typical NFL arm low to mid-50s.

    I would guess based what I've seen from Rudolph and Pickett they are in the same range.

    I don't know. Looking it over it seems it doesn't matter how big your gun is, it's what you do with it.

    Oh, and Josh Allen? Yea, he's got a BIG gun!

    Values are mph

    Year: 2020
    Jacob Eason Washington 59 (Left) 59 (Right)
    Jake Luton Oregon State 59 (Left) 56 (Right)
    Steven Montez Colorado 58 (Left) 59 (Right)
    Kevin Davidson Princeton 57 (Left) 56 (Right)
    Justin Herbert Oregon 55 (Left) 54 (Right)
    James Morgan Florida International 54 (Left) 54 (Right)
    Jordan Love Utah State 54 (Left) 53 (Right)
    Jalen Hurts Oklahoma 54 (Left) 51 (Right)
    Jake Fromm Georgia 53 (Left) 53 (Right)
    Nate Stanley Iowa 52 (Left) 54 (Right)
    Anthony Gordon Washington State 52 (Left) 51 (Right)
    Brian Lewerke Michigan State 51 (Left) 49 (Right)
    Cole McDonald Hawaii 51 (Left) 47 (Right)
    Shea Patterson Michigan 50 (Left) 51 (Right)
    Kelly Bryant Missouri 47 (Left) 45 (Right)
    Joe Burrow – did not throw
    Tua Tagovailoa – did not throw


    Year: 2019
    Will Grier West Virginia 58 (Left) 59 (Right)
    Brett Rypien Boise State 59 (Left) 56 (Right)
    Clayton Thorson Northwestern 58 (Left) 56 (Right)
    Nick Fitzgerald Mississippi State 57 (Left) 52 (Right)
    Jordan Ta'amu Mississippi 56 (Left) 55 (Right)
    Gardner Minshew Washington State 55 (Left) 53 (Right)
    Ryan Finley North Carolina State 55 (Left) 52 (Right)
    Tyree Jackson Buffalo 54 (Left) 54 (Right)
    Daniel Jones Duke 53 (Left) 54 (Right)
    Drew Lock Missouri 54 (Left) 53 (Right)
    Easton Stick North Dakota State 53 (Left) 54 (Right)
    Jake Browning Washington 54 (Left) 52 (Right)
    Trace McSorley Penn State 53 (Left) 52 (Right)
    Jarrett Stidham Auburn 53 (Left) 52 (Right)
    Dwayne Haskins Ohio State 52 (Left) 52 (Right)
    Kyle Shurmer Vanderbilt 52 (Left) 50 (Right)
    Kyler Murray Oklahoma did not throw

    Year: 2018
    Josh Allen Wyoming 62 (Left) 62 (Right)
    Baker Mayfield Oklahoma 59 (Left) 60 (Right)
    Josh Rosen UCLA 57 (Left) 59 (Right)
    Tanner Lee Nebraska 56 (Left) 57 (Right)
    Kurt Benkert Virginia 55 (Left) 56 (Right)
    Danny Etling LSU 54 (Left) 56 (Right)
    Nic Shimonek Texas Tech 55 (Left) 55 (Right)
    Chase Litton Marshall 53 (Left) 55 (Right)
    Mike White Western Kentucky 53 (Left) 55 (Right)
    Austin Allen Arkansas 53 (Left) 54 (Right)
    Riley Ferguson Memphis 52 (Left) 54 (Right)
    JT Barrett Ohio State 52 (Left) 52 (Right)
    Luke Falk Washington State 52 (Left) 52 (Right)
    Kyle Lauletta Richmond 52 (Left) 52 (Right)
    Mason Rudolph Oklahoma State 52 (Left) 52 (Right)
    Logan Woodside Toledo 52 (Left) 52 (Right)
    Quinton Flowers South Florida 49 (Left) 49 (Right)
    Lamar Jackson Louisville 49 (Left) 49 (Right)
    Sam Darnold Southern Cal did not throw
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 11-17-2022 at 07:32 AM.

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    unraveling. Lolol.

    im as tight as the joints you roll to smoke ur weedzz everyday
    HOLLA Boiiiii

    M. E. T. H. O. D. Maaaan.
    wooooooo

    my fave when in the quip yo
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-17-2022 at 08:25 AM.
    Find my post for me and help me prove Im Black


  10. #30
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Let's try to get this car back onto the road...the most deadly offensive weapon you can have is a smart QB who is accurate AND can make plays with his legs. That's what I fear Burrow is, it's what Montana and Young were, too. That's what we should all hope Kenny is, too, he'll never be a Ben or Allen or Bradshaw, doesn't have that kind of arm, but he can be great in his own way.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •