Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 176

Thread: My biggest concern with Kenny

  1. #101
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm the one who said KP would ball out! It didn't happen immediately like I thought it would.

    But it's a bit silly for some to think KP has to "ball out" or we need to double dip next year because he doesn't have "IT" after 5 games.
    Never said double dip, and I agree he needs more time. I just didn't buy into the hype pre season.

  2. #102
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    I'm just trying to look at his performance objectively, again, I didn't even want the Steelers to draft him. But I think some fans have unrealistic expectations right now given the circumstances and zero in on maybe one area like INTs without any context. KP needs better coaching to see if he's the real deal, it's just too hard to fully asses his potential right now. I will say he definitely is showing potential though which is something that is clearly lacking with Rudolph and Trubisky.

    Also, what are his redone stats? What are the play calls? I do know in the Saints game there was a terrible play calling sequence which put the offense in the hole that was bailed out by a DPI call. Again, new OC please.

    I wouldn't even compare him to Ben or hope he'll be better than him. Big Ben is one of the greatest QB's to play the game, way, way too early and not that fair. They aren't even that similar in play style.
    You can discount the INTs if you want but no way you can put his poor accuracy in the last game on anyone but KP. He struggled badly especially in the first half. I wonder if they asked to him focus on his 2nd and 3rd reads and he was getting panicky in the pocket. Second half was a little better.

    Not expecting perfection. Not expecting linear improvements. Rookies have good games followed by stinkos. Still expect to see more flashes that say he has 'it'. Biggest question on my mind; what is his high floor or low ceiling?
    Next game should be an interesting watch. We know how MT did against CIN this season so it'll be a good comparison. KP has a better run game going than MT had. Also an OL that has worked together over a couple months. Everything points to KP having a better game than MT did.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 11-15-2022 at 09:39 PM.

  3. #103
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Coaches in his ear??
    KP ruined already??

    Week 4: "I play with an edge...I'm not gunshy to throw down the field"

    Week 8: ďIíve got to protect the ball more...
    the bottom line is that Iíve got to protect the football, so thatís something that, in this back half of the season, needs to be a focus for me.Ē

  4. #104
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Coaches in his ear??
    KP ruined already??

    Week 4: "I play with an edge...I'm not gunshy to throw down the field"

    Week 8: “I’ve got to protect the ball more...
    the bottom line is that I’ve got to protect the football, so that’s something that, in this back half of the season, needs to be a focus for me.
    That was the gist of the thread to start with. Both Kenny and Mitch looked BY FAR their most aggressive when they came in to relieve the injured/ineffective starter, I think I even read somewhere that Tomlin told one or both to "cut it loose" when they went in.

    The longer they're in the system, however, the more broken and afraid of TO's they appear to get. There was a sack KP took in the red zone last week that I would like to see the All-22 of. He was going to throw and pulled it back, want to see how open the guy was.

    He needs to start throwing TDs, not just settling for 3.
    Last edited by WindyCitySteel; 11-16-2022 at 01:17 PM.

  5. #105
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Coaches in his ear??
    KP ruined already??

    Week 4: "I play with an edge...I'm not gunshy to throw down the field"

    Week 8: “I’ve got to protect the ball more...
    the bottom line is that I’ve got to protect the football, so that’s something that, in this back half of the season, needs to be a focus for me.
    I thought it was pretty clear he looked different against the Saints, he seemed more tentative with the ball and I think it hurt his accuracy on some passes and/or he was almost throwing the ball away on some of them. Even his pocket presence seemed to take a hit.

    Sometimes I think about QB's drafted by teams with bad offenses/coaches and wonder what what would've happened if they had gone to a better team. This is definitely a concern with KP's development or any future QB under this system.

    I'll also add that KP is not like Big Ben where Ben could improvise like hardly any other QB and was so physically talented he could make plays where there were none. KP, imo, needs a system around him that works.

  6. #106
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Want to add, there are amazing hole shots and 50/50 plays in every game, I hope the coaches aren't telling him only throw to guys who are college open. You have to trust your receivers to make plays or you're never going to score points like you need to.

  7. #107
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I think the Miami game is what changed Pickett. Both INT’s were on him and both occurred on drives that would’ve likely won the game.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  8. #108
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You can discount the INTs if you want but no way you can put his poor accuracy in the last game on anyone but KP. He struggled badly especially in the first half. I wonder if they asked to him focus on his 2nd and 3rd reads and he was getting panicky in the pocket. Second half was a little better.

    Not expecting perfection. Not expecting linear improvements. Rookies have good games followed by stinkos. Still expect to see more flashes that say he has 'it'. Biggest question on my mind; what is his high floor or low ceiling?
    Next game should be an interesting watch. We know how MT did against CIN this season so it'll be a good comparison. KP has a better run game going than MT had. Also an OL that has worked together over a couple months. Everything points to KP having a better game than MT did.
    does KP get 5 extra possessions like Mitch?

    and while I hope the running game is better.. you can’t say we have a better run game now because we had success vs the Saints in 1 game.

    but I definitely hope out run game has improved.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  9. #109
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think the Miami game is what changed Pickett. Both INT’s were on him and both occurred on drives that would’ve likely won the game.
    True that. That had to make him think about things some.

  10. #110
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I think Pickett is getting better, he isnt just going to his first read, you can see him trying to get through progressions, i think the game is just moving really fast for him and thats why his accuracy hasnt been great. Once he gets more comfortable in what he is seeing on the field you will see his accuracy improve.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •