Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Mock draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

2023 Mock draft

Mock draft 2023

Round one ) RB Robinson. The best offensive player on the board. A tripple threat, High YPA guy as an inside runner, an outside runner and a pass catcher. Explosive / elite acceleration, combined with good moves, size, and speed. Enough to beat linebackers and defensive lineman in the open field. He is the best back to come out in years. Our offense sucks.

Round two ) Offensive line. Patterson. A knockdown offensive line player and people mover. Has not allowed a sack for his enitre career. A leader and team captain. Smart. I don't care if he's not a tackle. We need good guards too.

Round two ( bears pick ) OT. Parris Johnson A big man, with good movement skills and some developing technique. He will start at Right Tackle moving Chuks left. Moore jr can play the turnstile spot.

Round three ) Inside linebacker. Campbell a big man who's a tackling machine and productive vs. the pass, with 14 pass defended and 4 interceptions in 23 starts! A team leader, captian and MVP, notice the theme for this mock draft?

Round four ) DT/NT Mustipher. A big think man, suited for NT in the 3-4 or DT in the 4-3, nickel and dime. I do not care if he's a run defender only!
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 11-01-2022 at 02:34 PM.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

Starter

User Info Menu

If they draft another RB in the first round I’m going to be investing a lot more time in fall/winter hobbies.

OL, DL, CB.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hackjam View Post
    If they draft another RB in the first round I’m going to be investing a lot more time in fall/winter hobbies.

OL, DL, CB.
    Exactly. No more first round runningbacks. We are in the new millimium..you can find good runningbacks in rounds 2 & 3 and even further if your scouting dept. is good enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Exactly. No more first round runningbacks. We are in the new millimium..you can find good runningbacks in rounds 2 & 3 and even further if your scouting dept. is good enough.

I generally agree but, I think Robinson is a special back. Like I said he is the best back to come out in years. We need lot of help at OT, CB and DL too. I just don't see any productive big time talents like him. If I did they would rank over him on the draft board. And it looks like we need a back.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Did you see Pierce last night? They got him in the 4th, infinitely better than Najee.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Did you see Pierce last night? They got him in the 4th, infinitely better than Najee.
    so was his blocking - lol

This hasn't been a good o-line (i.e., must pass quickly, cannot run) since Pouncy, Villanueva and DeCastro were on the o-line.

I see more upgrades this upcoming offseason (and hopefully a new OC). Both things will improve the offense as a whole
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 11-04-2022 at 04:28 PM.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    so was his blocking - lol

This hasn't been a good o-line (i.e., must pass quickly, cannot run) since Pouncy, Villanueva and DeCastro were on the o-line.

I see more upgrades this upcoming offseason (and hopefully a new OC). Both things will improve the offense as a whole
    LOVE your sig mock:

Paris Johnson, OT/G, Ohio State

The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Johnson has an excellent skill set with size, quickness and athleticism. In 2022, he has been superb for Buckeyes, not allowing a sack and manning the blind side for C.J. Stroud. Johnson started at guard in 2021, but has moved to tackle as an upperclassmen. Johnson has lot of upside to improve as he gains experience.

Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor

The 6-foot-3, 350-pounder is a massive interior defender who has surprising quickness and athleticism to go along with his mass and strength. For a big tackle, Ika showed some ability to pressure the quarterback in 2021, picking up four sacks alongside 24 tackles. If Ika's production improves as an upperclassman, he could be a riser for the 2023 NFL Draft.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023charlie.php

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hackjam View Post

OL, DL, CB.
    Agreed. Get Najee an OL and watch him run.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Johnson n Jones in B & G.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think they need to quit running him to the edge, but the OC is too dumb to figure that out. He's a between tackles runner.

Devon Achane is a dream 3rd down back... natural hands catcher, good feet, good vision, ridiculous speed, but tiny (5'9", 185). I'm guessing he'll run in the 4.3's. This is the closest thing to Darren Sproles in the upcoming draft
    Last edited by SteelerOfDeVille; 11-04-2022 at 12:17 PM.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington