Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Mock draft

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

2023 Mock draft

Mock draft 2023

Round one ) RB Robinson. The best offensive player on the board. A tripple threat, High YPA guy as an inside runner, an outside runner and a pass catcher. Explosive / elite acceleration, combined with good moves, size, and speed. Enough to beat linebackers and defensive lineman in the open field. He is the best back to come out in years. Our offense sucks.

Round two ) Offensive line. Patterson. A knockdown offensive line player and people mover. Has not allowed a sack for his enitre career. A leader and team captain. Smart. I don't care if he's not a tackle. We need good guards too.

Round two ( bears pick ) OT. Parris Johnson A big man, with good movement skills and some developing technique. He will start at Right Tackle moving Chuks left. Moore jr can play the turnstile spot.

Round three ) Inside linebacker. Campbell a big man who's a tackling machine and productive vs. the pass, with 14 pass defended and 4 interceptions in 23 starts! A team leader, captian and MVP, notice the theme for this mock draft?

Round four ) DT/NT Mustipher. A big think man, suited for NT in the 3-4 or DT in the 4-3, nickel and dime. I do not care if he's a run defender only!
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 11-01-2022 at 02:34 PM.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Backup

User Info Menu

If they draft another RB in the first round I’m going to be investing a lot more time in fall/winter hobbies.

OL, DL, CB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Mock draft 2023

Round one ) RB Robinson. The best offensive player on the board. A tripple threat, High YPA guy as an inside runner, an outside runner and a pass catcher. Explosive / elite acceleration, combined with good moves, size, and speed. Enough to beat linebackers and defensive lineman in the open field. He is the best back to come out in years. Our offense sucks.

Round two ) Offensive line. Patterson. A knockdown offensive line player and people mover. Has not allowed a sack for his enitre career. A leader and team captain. Smart. I don't care if he's not a tackle. We need good guards too.

Round three ) Inside linebacker. Campbell a big man who's a tackling machine and productive vs. the pass, with 14 pass defended and 4 interceptions in 23 starts! A team leader, captian and MVP, notice the theme for this mock draft?

Round four ) DT/NT Mustipher. A big think man, suited for NT in the 3-4 or DT in the 4-3, nickel and dime. I do not care if he's a run defender only!

Trade chase Claypool for draft picks!
    I'm not going RB in Round 1...I'd go Off Line or Def Line

As a Penn State guy, I like Mustipher, but worry about durability and the way some teams have run over Penn State, not sure he has proven he is a difference maker. I think there are better guys out there for interior DL
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Lol another first round RB? Don't quit your day job.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Lol another first round RB? Don't quit your day job.
    And it's looking like our pick will be much higher than the 24th overall we used to get Najee (where it wasn't my favorite idea, but I didn't think it was unreasonable).

I like the positions he has in 2-4 though.

If we can trade Chase, I don't think it's going to be for much value.

A RB that high is not a good idea in today's NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

It’s early. But I saw 1 mock with Robinson going in late 20s.
    we’ll be picking much higher then that.
    I wouldn’t take him in the 2nd round considering our needs

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hackjam View Post
    If they draft another RB in the first round I’m going to be investing a lot more time in fall/winter hobbies.

OL, DL, CB.
    Exactly. No more first round runningbacks. We are in the new millimium..you can find good runningbacks in rounds 2 & 3 and even further if your scouting dept. is good enough.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Mock draft 2023

Trade chase Claypool for draft picks!
    Joel, thanks for the mock; because this should be where our focus is now..the coming draft.

But we can't go runningback in the first round. Our lines need upgrades in a serious way and we have to use our first two picks to address the lines. I'd go best linebacker/cornerback available after that. And we need to seriously use free agency; IF...the goal is to compete in 2023. If that isn't our goal (and I'm not judging either way) then they won't. That's what's going to tell me the real direction we are going by they way they use (or don't use) free agency.

But whenever we get to a point to seriously compete again, this management has to learn to use free agency and join the new millennium.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

OL, OL, ILB/DL

in that order.

We should be able to actually trade back
    and get another day 2 pick as well.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    OL, OL, ILB/DL

in that order.

We should be able to actually trade back
    and get another day 2 pick as well.
    I absolutely love the idea of trading back ; I think we can get a 2nd round pick from a team ; not a day two pick from a team. But if we are top 5 in the draft and there are 5 franchise QB's coming out, I'd have to think about trading back. Guess it depends on our evaluation of KP by season's end.