Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Mock draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I was at the OSU/NW game - sustained 30 MPH winds + rain, easily had 5 or 6 drops, and some brain dead play calls by Day.

Not that I want to draft Stroud anyway, but that statline is very misleading.
    OSU may be in a little trouble. Can’t run, can’t stop the run. Not a good combination in November when the weather changes. I’ll be at the Ohio State/Michigan game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is a great discussion... But the best discussion sucks if it's in the wrong place... This is in the wrong place...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    kid is good, Drake Maye is 6'4" 220 lbs and has 29 TD passes with only 3 ints so far this season.
    I like him but no way he going to be in the 2023 draft ( unless he is told he is a top ten pick ) The kid is a freshman. The 2023 QB class has fizzed a bit.

That Robinson guy had quite a game, again he is the best back I've seen it years.

Seeing is believing. He not a just running back, he's a weapon. A future Steeler I hope. Who would I compare him to? Marshall Faulk. I know big time reach, but that's what I see,

Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    OSU may be in a little trouble. Can’t run, can’t stop the run. Not a good combination in November when the weather changes. I’ll be at the Ohio State/Michigan game.
    I feel the same. They're a soft team, it appears. Although right now the ND and PSU wins look a little better. Hopefully it's low wind and a fast track for Michigan, don't think they can keep up with our playmakers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    LOVE your sig mock:

Paris Johnson, OT/G, Ohio State

The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Johnson has an excellent skill set with size, quickness and athleticism. In 2022, he has been superb for Buckeyes, not allowing a sack and manning the blind side for C.J. Stroud. Johnson started at guard in 2021, but has moved to tackle as an upperclassmen. Johnson has lot of upside to improve as he gains experience.

Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor

The 6-foot-3, 350-pounder is a massive interior defender who has surprising quickness and athleticism to go along with his mass and strength. For a big tackle, Ika showed some ability to pressure the quarterback in 2021, picking up four sacks alongside 24 tackles. If Ika's production improves as an upperclassman, he could be a riser for the 2023 NFL Draft.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023charlie.php
    THANKS. You know mocks are kinda my thing - lol.

I think Paris is a good fit because he played multiple positions, which is one of their preferences.

Early on, Ika was a 4th rounder, but he's having a solid season. Dude requires a double-team. He throws around offensive linemen like a rag doll. I feel like both would be really good picks.

I'm struggling to find a OG that i really like. The story on O'Cyrus Torrence is that he's got all the tools, but doesn't always put it together.

Finally, Devon Achane, RB, TAMU is a little guy with sprinter speed. If he latches on with a team that *uses* him, he will be a really nice weapon.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    saw someone say that NT stinks. all he is..is a big fat guy.
    said mazi smith is a much better player
    Some said scouts Leal stinks. I don't trust the scouts because they generalize and generally don't think about fit in a 34 defense. They think traditional 43 and how they fit. Meanwhile, I see a player that is intriguing and find a game on TV and put them in my mock based on that.

He throws o-linemen around like rag dolls and requires a double-team, which would work wonders for our ILB. His only problem is that he's 350, so there's the fatigue factor. Doesn't seem to be as quick/agile late in the game. Would probably be better if he lost about 25 lbs and carried around a little less weight.

Here's a profile I tend to think is more accurate in the description.
    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/s...g-report-2023/
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Some said scouts Leal stinks. I don't trust the scouts because they generalize and generally don't think about fit in a 34 defense. They think traditional 43 and how they fit. Meanwhile, I see a player that is intriguing and find a game on TV and put them in my mock based on that.

He throws o-linemen around like rag dolls and requires a double-team, which would work wonders for our ILB. His only problem is that he's 350, so there's the fatigue factor. Doesn't seem to be as quick/agile late in the game. Would probably be better if he lost about 25 lbs and carried around a little less weight.

haven’t watched him myself so I’ll take your word on it. For now

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post

But we don't run a 3-4 defense early any. Leal isn't and pass rushing defensive tackle / 90% of the snaps he plays aren't as a 3-4 END. They are that of a DT on the 4-3, nickel and dime.

He's more of a 3 technique type who's good vs the pass, and run sub par v the run. Look it up.
    Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. The earliest will be eight years. Art Rooney II, get a new head coach.

Current mock draft as of 3-18-24

1. QB Nix
    2. C Fraizer
    3. OT Fisher
    3B. DL Smith
    4. S Bullock
    6. WR Pickney
    6. CB Newton

Legend

User Info Menu

2023 NFL Draft order: Texans holding No. 1 overall pick; Packers eighth

Nov 07, 2022

https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-dr...packers-eighth

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know its a bit off subject but if Edmunds isn't offered a new deal we could use a S. Johnathan Abram just released by Lost Wages. He was a first rounder in 19 who may be worth bringing in and kicking the tires on. Still was on a rookie deal so $$$ would be low.
    Last edited by Iron City Inc.; 11-08-2022 at 06:50 PM.