Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 201

Thread: 2023 Mock draft

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    OL, OL, ILB/DL

    in that order.

    We should be able to actually trade back
    and get another day 2 pick as well.
    we need a #1 CB in the worst way also.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm not going RB in Round 1...I'd go Off Line or Def Line

    As a Penn State guy, I like Mustipher, but worry about durability and the way some teams have run over Penn State, not sure he has proven he is a difference maker. I think there are better guys out there for interior DL

    I mocked him in round 4, and picked value with need in all cases. Matching value with need. We are rebuilding. We need more than 1 draft. I have not seen or studied all the prospects at tackle or cornerback.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Exactly. No more first round runningbacks. We are in the new millimium..you can find good runningbacks in rounds 2 & 3 and even further if your scouting dept. is good enough.

    I generally agree but, I think Robinson is a special back. Like I said he is the best back to come out in years. We need lot of help at OT, CB and DL too. I just don't see any productive big time talents like him. If I did they would rank over him on the draft board. And it looks like we need a back.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Let's not discount that we may be drafting a QB in Round 1. This may be a repeat of what the Cards did when they draft Rosen and then Kyler Murray.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I absolutely love the idea of trading back ; I think we can get a 2nd round pick from a team ; not a day two pick from a team. But if we are top 5 in the draft and there are 5 franchise QB's coming out, I'd have to think about trading back. Guess it depends on our evaluation of KP by season's end.
    I think it depends where we are picking.

    If we are in the top 5 or so, I don't like the idea of trading back (at least more than a few spots) because I think the value falls exponentially in the first round draft (unless there's just a huge haul).

    Maybe if we're around 10th or so?

    And since I think the value of the 5th round option is less than it was before they changed the pay scales, I'd usually be trying to trade from the end of the 1st into the top of the 2nd. Because I think teams probably value the "first round pick" pedigree and / or overvalue the 5th year option.

    I guess the counter option is that the 5th year option becomes very valuable when you do get a big hit in the 1st (like TJ or Minkah). So it's either really valuable...or worthless.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    we need a #1 CB in the worst way also.
    I think this is also true.

    In my best Lemming voice: The good thing is that CBs are weirdly undervalued in the UFA market. So maybe we can get one there if we're willing to spend on it? And we should hopefully have some space to do so in the next few years.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Let's not discount that we may be drafting a QB in Round 1. This may be a repeat of what the Cards did when they draft Rosen and then Kyler Murray.
    I hope we don't need to do this, but I think it's a possibility.

    Especially since we're on a trajectory to be picking pretty early.

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think it depends where we are picking.

    If we are in the top 5 or so, I don't like the idea of trading back (at least more than a few spots) because I think the value falls exponentially in the first round draft (unless there's just a huge haul).

    Maybe if we're around 10th or so?

    And since I think the value of the 5th round option is less than it was before they changed the pay scales, I'd usually be trying to trade from the end of the 1st into the top of the 2nd. Because I think teams probably value the "first round pick" pedigree and / or overvalue the 5th year option.

    I guess the counter option is that the 5th year option becomes very valuable when you do get a big hit in the 1st (like TJ or Minkah). So it's either really valuable...or worthless.
    Fair enough; Then it basically comes down to is our new GM good and is the scouting department good enough. We have the smallest/cheapest scouting dept. in the league? Am I correct on that? If so, then Rooney needs to join modern times and get up to speed and get a quality scouting dept.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I hope we don't need to do this, but I think it's a possibility.

    Especially since we're on a trajectory to be picking pretty early.
    If we have to do it, then so be it. But all the more reason to get as many additional picks as possible. By moving Claypool or whoever. We are going to take a WR late again in the draft anyway. We always do. I don't want Claypool leaving and we get nothing in return. That's the stupidest thing in the world to me.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Mock draft 2023

    Round one ) RB Robinson.
    ummmm, no.

    we have way too many other needs.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •