Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Mock draft

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

"Never was he looking at WHAT HE WAS DOING.... Always the horizon with this one... Always the future...." A Steeler lifer craves none of these... I doubt an octogenarian who doesn't know Arthur Rooney Junior's real name, football lifer really does, either....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    2023 NFL Draft: Penn State DB Joey Porter Jr. declares after impressive three-year career

The son of All-Pro linebacker Joey Porter is a projected first-round pick in the upcoming draft

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-year-career/

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/11/pe...023-nfl-draft/
    Love me some JPJr., but Weidl is a "build the trenches" kind of guy, hopefully we fix the OL in one offseason and get another legit WR. Let the offense rise to the top of the league and stop spending so much on D.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    you clearly haven't read the posts right above yours LOL... Fashanu isn't going to be available - he's going back to school
    Okay so he is, sue me for seeing him in mock draft. Anyway I switched the pick to OT O'cyrus
    Better QB play is a huge need. Pickett's dump off game isn't getting many points or yards. Pickett is last in the NFL of plays over 20 yards. We need a new LT and LG. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is 19-18-1 in last 38 games played and hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Love me some JPJr., but Weidl is a "build the trenches" kind of guy, hopefully we fix the OL in one offseason and get another legit WR. Let the offense rise to the top of the league and stop spending so much on D.
    I hope Weidl is a "build the trenches" kind of guy because our trenches are poor right now. I can't help but marvel at how the Eagles have stocked both their lines to be the best team in football. And then add Suh as a late free agent can only help them. I like the Eagles chances to reach the Super Bowl because of their lines.
    From the 2010-2022 season,(A 13 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 6 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2023) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I hope Weidl is a "build the trenches" kind of guy because our trenches are poor right now. I can't help but marvel at how the Eagles have stocked both their lines to be the best team in football. And then add Suh as a late free agent can only help them. I like the Eagles chances to reach the Super Bowl because of their lines.
    I hope Sean Peyton is hired as our next head coach, and hires what we need.
    Better QB play is a huge need. Pickett's dump off game isn't getting many points or yards. Pickett is last in the NFL of plays over 20 yards. We need a new LT and LG. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is 19-18-1 in last 38 games played and hasn't won a playoff game in six years and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    He already fled one rebuild. What makes you think he'd sign up to rebuild here?

I think if he takes another job, it will be one that's ready to compete right away.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    He already fled one rebuild. What makes you think he'd sign up to rebuild here?

I think if he takes another job, it will be one that's ready to compete right away.
    He’s not taking a job with a team unless it has a locked in franchise QB.

He’s taking the Chargers head coaching position. I think Staley is in over his head. Next would be Arizona.
    From the 2010-2022 season,(A 13 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 6 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2023) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Pipe dream; Rooneys would never hire a head coach who would cost more than any other in the NFL. There is zero hope of that ever happening.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pick #s 14, 34, 45... thank Jesus CHI blows.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Pick #s 14, 34, 45... thank Jesus CHI blows.
    #14..Left Tackle!