Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Mock draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    But what if we drop to pick 10 and draft a Devin Bush? Or we get an extra 1 and draft another Edmunds.

What do any picks matter if we’re gonna reach and make all the wrong picks anyway????
    Colbert is gone, and I hope the mid set behind these picks will be gone too. I openly questioned these picks, Besides we are not picking a Safety or Inside linebacker high in 2023...at least I hope so.
    The Steelers had a great draft in 2023. However better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Tomlin is hasn't won a playoff game in seven years and counting. Nor has hired anyone good to his coaching staff. Think about that. Mike Tomlin says, " hell yeah we've got to make some changes. " We are waiting. But Khan and Weidl appear to have better management on the salary cap and draft needs. How much we sign player for in 2nd and 3rd contracts need some major work.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    But what if we drop to pick 10 and draft a Devin Bush? Or we get an extra 1 and draft another Edmunds.

What do any picks matter if we’re gonna reach and make all the wrong picks anyway????
    Interesting point. During the 70's George Allen did trade most of his picks for vets. He did okay with that so it's an option. IIRC there was another team in the 70's who drafted well and won all the time.
    Seriously though you have to make good selections however your margin for error is just better if you have extra picks. And if you have a few extra picks and you draft well we could turn this around rather quickly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I approached last off-season saying this exact same thing, even made a list of needs and gave some options as to how to address. As true as it is though, there are a couple of reasons to be hopeful that it can be a quicker turnaround:

1) Can upgrade through FA as well, and there is money to be found on this salary cap.
    2) You don't need to fill every need in order to become competitive. All teams, including champions, have flaws.

Rational, common sense post. Please post more
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I highly recommend going LT in Round 1 and Center with our 2nd pick in Round 2.

Get a LG in the later rounds. Nothing changes until the OL is upgraded considerably.
    I'd argue you have equal needs at Defensive Tackle, ILB, OLB and CB

Of course FA can change a lot, especially if we resign Larry O on the DL. But IMO still need to add a true NT type guy to get that injection of youth.

Highsmith will be entering his final year with not talent behind him

Still not sure what we have at CB

Bush will be gone with no one behind (Spillane is NOT the answer) him

As many needs on defense as offense so can't sell out for the OL.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I dare you to post a link where I predicted that.

you can't, because I never did.

stop your lying, which I realize is difficult to do for a pathological liar like you.

Still waiting on the post where maniac said ealy was our savior.
    Can you produce that?
    Or are you lying again…
    Man, you make it too easy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Still waiting on the post where maniac said ealy was our savior.
    Can you produce that?
    Or are you lying again…
    Man, you make it too easy.
    like I have said previously, I'll post that as soon as you produce where I supposedly said Loudermilk was our savior at OLB.

but you always chicken out whenever I challenge you, just like you will again right now.

I own you.

Legend

User Info Menu

De’ron Payne saved the game for Washington today batting a ball in the air and fuller coming up with the int in the end zone

maybe someone we can target in free agency.
    Esp since they signed Allen to a big contract and will likely give one to chase and maybe M sweat too

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    De’ron Payne saved the game for Washington today batting a ball in the air and fuller coming up with the int in the end zone

maybe someone we can target in free agency.
    Esp since they signed Allen to a big contract and will likely give one to chase and maybe M sweat too
    Daron Payne is a stud, I would love to see him in Black & Gold.

but knowing the Steelers, he will most likely want too much $$$.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Daron Payne is a stud, I would love to see him in Black & Gold.

but knowing the Steelers, he will most likely want too much $$$.
    we should enough available to sign him if they wanted to.
    esp since cam’s contract is likely to come off the books on a year or 2

Legend

User Info Menu

Right now we have 3 picks in top 35