Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Mock draft

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Alex Kozora
    @Alex_Kozora

For all the talk about needing to focus on trenches, and I'm driving that bus, Steelers coaches have talked about not getting enough from their corners all year. #1 corners don't grow on trees but definitely has to be on team's watch list if chance presents itself.

Steelers starting CBs against the Bengals:

Cam Sutton - 103.1 QB rating against
    Arthur Maulet - 154.5 QB rating against
    Levi Wallace - Allowed two 30+ yard catches

Steelers' corners haven't played well enough this year. Bunch of #2's, no #1's.

Nov 21

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/stat...Cyhbf92KEsAAAA
    Honestly, in MY mind OT and CB are the only positions to consider for the 1st round of this upcoming draft.
    In both, you can fill a position that would be very expensive on the FA market for well below market value for 5 years (assuming they are a stud).
    And there are 3 of each that are "top 20" talents in this draft, so I don't see it as a reach.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's final Mock
    1.20 - Tailiese Fuaga, OT, Oregon St
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, WVU
    3.84 - Luke Mccaffery, WR, Rice
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Alex Kozora
    @Alex_Kozora

For all the talk about needing to focus on trenches, and I'm driving that bus, Steelers coaches have talked about not getting enough from their corners all year. #1 corners don't grow on trees but definitely has to be on team's watch list if chance presents itself.

Steelers starting CBs against the Bengals:

Cam Sutton - 103.1 QB rating against
    Arthur Maulet - 154.5 QB rating against
    Levi Wallace - Allowed two 30+ yard catches

Steelers' corners haven't played well enough this year. Bunch of #2's, no #1's.

Nov 21

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/stat...Cyhbf92KEsAAAA
    The DBs have had some better games than this.

I'd say Sutton has played pretty well, I'm happy to see him come back next year. Maulet has had some moments early, not as much this last month or so.

OTOH Wallace hasn't looked great other than that pick on Sunday. Spoon has been a poor combination of bad and injured this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Honestly, in MY mind OT and CB are the only positions to consider for the 1st round of this upcoming draft.
    In both, you can fill a position that would be very expensive on the FA market for well below market value for 5 years (assuming they are a stud).
    And there are 3 of each that are "top 20" talents in this draft, so I don't see it as a reach.
    I'd also rank them in order LT, CB, RT.

I don't know if there is a stud LT available, but I just read a report on a tackle that said he would start at RT and move Chuks to LT. I know that Chuks is a natural LT, but at this point we know what he can do on the right, but he would be an experiment on the left, much like drafting a guard in the third round and asking him to start at center.

I would love to see a Sauce Gardner, but they don't grow on trees. Supposedly a bunch of good corners coming out including one with Steeler name pedigree. FWIW I saw Illinois CB Weatherspoon last week. I don't watch much college but this guy stood out. A bit on the smaller side but athletic and touch. Could see him or someone similar with one of the second rounders.

Legend

User Info Menu

1)10 Pittsburgh Steelers

Antonio Johnson, CB, Texas A&M

The Steelers are so desperate for cornerback help that they traded for William Jackson. I have doubts about him panning out, so here's a better solution.

Antonio Johnson is a huge 6-3 cornerback who performed at a high level this past season.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023.php

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd put DL in this category too. Larry O is up at the end of the season. Cam is getting older.

Maybe edge if we can get an elite guy...but there are bigger needs.

Lots of holes on this team. Take the best player IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The DBs have had some better games than this.

I'd say Sutton has played pretty well, I'm happy to see him come back next year. Maulet has had some moments early, not as much this last month or so.

OTOH Wallace hasn't looked great other than that pick on Sunday. Spoon has been a poor combination of bad and injured this year.
    Now that we're basically out of the playoffs, I hope we play Pierre more. He seemed to do well when he was in there. Better to get a bigger sample size on him so we aren't forced into a decision without lots of info (like Spoon last year).

Legend

User Info Menu

I would not discount a stud DT
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't know if there is a stud LT available, but I just read a report on a tackle that said he would start at RT and move Chuks to LT. I know that Chuks is a natural LT, but at this point we know what he can do on the right, but he would be an experiment on the left, much like drafting a guard in the third round and asking him to start at center.

I would love to see a Sauce Gardner, but they don't grow on trees. Supposedly a bunch of good corners coming out including one with Steeler name pedigree. FWIW I saw Illinois CB Weatherspoon last week. I don't watch much college but this guy stood out. A bit on the smaller side but athletic and touch. Could see him or someone similar with one of the second rounders.
    Joey Porter's kid at Penn State is getting lots of love. I watch every game and he is good, but I wouldn't call him "shutdown"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not sure I would discount OG if we traded back in Round 1. Dotson IS NOT the naswer at Left Guard. Guy gets worse every game. I'm not sure if Dotson is hurting Dan Moore or if Dan Moore is hurting Dotson, but that side of the OL is a mess.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I'm not sure I would discount OG if we traded back in Round 1. Dotson IS NOT the naswer at Left Guard. Guy gets worse every game. I'm not sure if Dotson is hurting Dan Moore or if Dan Moore is hurting Dotson, but that side of the OL is a mess.
    Would be nice to get a stud LT or LG in the 1st and use that hopefully early 2nd to get the best C in the draft (they seem to be around late 1, early 2).