Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What should happen over the bye?

Starter

User Info Menu

Remove the ping pong table from the facility.

Legend

User Info Menu

From the Post-Gazette:

The Steelers remained on pace to average their fewest points per game in 52 years. In fact, they dropped to 32nd and last in scoring this season at an even 15 points per game.

The offense has scored 30 points once in 26 games under Canada, and as we pointed out a few days ago, that was when Ben Roethlisberger flushed Canada’s plan down the toilet and winged his way to 27 fourth-quarter points against the Chargers. The offense has yet to crack the 20-point mark this season (the defense scored in the 23-20 win at Cincinnati). It went 1 for 12 on third down Sunday. A wide receiver made the biggest throw of the day.

Canada’s crew is averaging one touchdown per game over its past four games. Going back to the beginning of the second half in Miami, the possession chart looks like this: punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, interception, interception, punt, touchdown, punt, punt, field goal, field goal, fumble, punt, interception.

Getting rid of Canada should be a no-brainer. He's proven himself to be incompetent at the NFL level. Reading different interviews with players and they appear to be checked out. "We just do what the coaches tell us to do". It's time for a new voice. But Danny Smith should have been fired many years ago but he's still coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Time to rearrange some chairs.

How do you line up incorrectly on a kickoff?

How many illegal formation and player downfield penalties have we had this year?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Backup

User Info Menu

Not another 7th round quarterback!! I have been watching Jurkovec at BC all year and he has regressed terribly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Time to rearrange some chairs.

How do you line up incorrectly on a kickoff?

How many illegal formation and player downfield penalties have we had this year?
    Those things happen when teams are not on the details or disciplined. We've had multiple players call this out over the years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Unleash hell!

Legend

User Info Menu

In terms of personnel, I would go.....

Warren > Najee
    Pierre > Spoon

Both these young guys have produced given the chance. It is as much a justified promotion as it is a demotion. Boykin and Sims have never had double digit snaps in a game (haven't seen yesterday counts), I would give them a few more (not many) at expense of DJ and Claypool to keep rotating in fresh legs.

On D I would go up to Alualu, shake his hand and thank him for his hard fought play, but let him know that he will no longer be active. I would likely put him on IR as a courtesy, and allow as guy like Carlos Davis to dress. Not sure what he brings, but can't keep TA around taking up a roster spot. For those in the "bench Bush" camp, I would not. It is not like there is a young stud waiting in the wings, just a hope and prayer sixth rounder. I'd give Bush nine more games to show that he either is worth keeping or walking away from.

In terms of scheme, I wouldn't change much except make sure that Pickett knows that the decisions he makes brings defenders closer to the line. Defenders close to the line means less room for running. More play action, more draws.