Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Starkey: Is Matt Canada coaching for his job Sunday? He should be

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Of course he should, but he won't. Also why he won't fire MC and promote MS, because when the same O gets rolled out week after week even his sycophantic media will start to see the light that this is HIS offense.

He's waiting for Kenny to develop into the kind of QB Ben was much of his career, one who can power through bad game plans and save his bacon in the 4th Q. If that doesn't happen, his coaching legacy will take a huge hit in the coming years.
    I don't think it's reasonable for the HC to be out of the process.

But I do think that he should probably not be putting his thumb on the scale for choices.

Ultimately, they should also be looking at the last few hirings and thinking about why they led to such bad results.

I hope they do a legit outside search and aren't afraid to hire an OC who wants to have a fair amount of control (provided they have a track record of success).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Then maybe Tomlin should’ve given Kenny a more reps with the 1’s in camp if he knew Mitch was going to be on a short leash.

What was the point of giving Mason all those reps and preseason snaps?
    Weren't you happy with the game where he had 7 attempts?

I thought you said it was silly when some of us were saying that we should give him more reps so he could make mistakes in the preseason instead of when games counted.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Weren't you happy with the game where he had 7 attempts?

I thought you said it was silly when some of us were saying that we should give him more reps so he could make mistakes in the preseason instead of when games counted.
    more reps with the 1’s…

not more reps with backups and practice squad players.

I dont think throwing an INT in a preseason game would stop him from throwing them in real games. That isn’t how it works.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I don't think it's reasonable for the HC to be out of the process.

But I do think that he should probably not be putting his thumb on the scale for choices.

Ultimately, they should also be looking at the last few hirings and thinking about why they led to such bad results.

I hope they do a legit outside search and aren't afraid to hire an OC who wants to have a fair amount of control (provided they have a track record of success).
    Would Parcells, Gibbs, Noll, Reid or any legit head coach NOT be involved in the process of getting a new OC?
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Tomlin kind've set himself up for failure IMO.

He went out and got Mitch to be his veteran with mobility, essentially relegating Mason to be the backup. But then Kenny fell in their laps.

Before even getting into camp, I think Tomlin convinced himself that he was going with the veteran. So, the focus was on getting Mitch ready.

I'm not sure the point of getting Mason reps other than maybe to showcase him to other teams? Maybe we'll end up trading him?
    I believe Tomlin was hoping to start Trubisky until at least our bye week so Pickett could avoid having to face the tough defenses he is having to play against now.

he just didn't think Trubisky was going to suck as badly as he did.

what I won't excuse Tomlin for is allowing Canada to return this season as OC, it was painfully clear last year that this wasn't a NFL offense.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Dear Joe Starkey,

Every NFL coach should be coaching like their job's at stake EVERY week. No days off....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I believe Tomlin was hoping to start Trubisky until at least our bye week so Pickett could avoid having to face the tough defenses he is having to play against now.

he just didn't think Trubisky was going to suck as badly as he did.

what I won't excuse Tomlin for is allowing Canada to return this season as OC, it was painfully clear last year that this wasn't a NFL offense.
    This is the first season that the Steelers are playing Canada's offense... Last season they played Ben's offense...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTazz864 View Post
    This is the first season that the Steelers are playing Canada's offense... Last season they played Ben's offense...
    Since I'm an ancient fart, let me explain why Matt Canada is Tomlin's "patsy."

In 1963 when I was 24 JFK was assassinated. Supposedly Lee Harvey Oswald did it with a cheap, mail order rifle. Biggest news of the era. A Commission was appointed and produced an 18 volume report concluding "A LONE GUNMAN KILLED JFK."

Trust Me: I don't know who killed JFK or RFK or MLK or anyone else. But it's always a "CRAZED LONE GUNMAN." Fool me once, shame on me - but I read lots of stuff and I wonder: "Who benefits?"

Lee Harvey Oswald said "I'm a patsy!" seconds before he was killed on national TV. In 1963 you'd see a homeless person once every six months. In 2022 cities were full of homeless people.

I'll stop before Hawaiian Steel pisses all over himself. Matt Canada couldn't run an Offense with Ben. Matt Canada can't run an offense without Ben. But Tomlin rehired Matt Canada. WHY?

Matt Canada was always Mike Tomlin's "patsy" just in case anything bad happens to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Deal with it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bawb the Revelator View Post
    Since I'm an ancient fart, let me explain why Matt Canada is Tomlin's "patsy."

In 1963 when I was 24 JFK was assassinated. Supposedly Lee Harvey Oswald did it with a cheap, mail order rifle. Biggest news of the era. A Commission was appointed and produced an 18 volume report concluding "A LONE GUNMAN KILLED JFK."

Trust Me: I don't know who killed JFK or RFK or MLK or anyone else. But it's always a "CRAZED LONE GUNMAN." Fool me once, shame on me - but I read lots of stuff and I wonder: "Who benefits?"

Lee Harvey Oswald said "I'm a patsy!" seconds before he was killed on national TV. In 1963 you'd see a homeless person once every six months. In 2022 cities were full of homeless people.

I'll stop before Hawaiian Steel pisses all over himself. Matt Canada couldn't run an Offense with Ben. Matt Canada can't run an offense without Ben. But Tomlin rehired Matt Canada. WHY?

Matt Canada was always Mike Tomlin's "patsy" just in case anything bad happens to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Deal with it.
    So you're calling for an assassination??

BTW, Sirhan Sirhan, and James Earl Ray....
    Last edited by TheRealTazz864; 10-27-2022 at 05:26 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'll settle for Art Rooney II 86ing Mike Tomlin