Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muth concussed for the 3rd time in 22 games

Legend

User Info Menu

Muth concussed for the 3rd time in 22 games

He's not long for this league if this trend continues.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...ussion-sunday/

Legend

User Info Menu

Not a good trend for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe that NFL player suffer mini or micro concussions every game. Can't play the game of football without the collisions and not suffer concussions as the end result.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think the concussions are already taking a tow on him this season. I thought he has played like sh** compared to what I think his ceiling is. Muth's concentration is not what it was last season. He seems to be dropping way more passes in 2022. Maybe its the cumulative effects of all those concussions, I'm just speculating out loud.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Muth, but sure wish we'd taken Creed
    with these concussion issues, even more so

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Me too. But we can’t do anything about it now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I had us taking Najee in the 1st and Creed in the 2nd round of my Steelers mock draft.

when it was our turn to pick, I was already getting my bragging speech ready

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I believe that NFL player suffer mini or micro concussions every game. Can't play the game of football without the collisions and not suffer concussions as the end result.
    Exactly. Let's kill the NFL's "Improved Training Methods" crapola and quadruple the players anabolic steroid testing. Not that I think this has a prayer of actually happening
    Last edited by Bawb the Revelator; 10-09-2022 at 08:48 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

not gonna be the popular sentiment here...but I am on the rebuild bandwagon so here it goes...

I put Muth on the IR and let sit out the rest of the season and let Connor Heyward play. Let Muth concentrate on his health and get Connor some reps along with KP. I think that the chemistry between KP and Muth is already there.

I just think 3 concussions in 22 months speaks of a potential "early retirement" if he gets another one this year.

Not sure that one that has proclivity to get concussions can do anything to reduce the odds of getting a concussion, but certainly getting him bashed any further this year, could end up putting his long term health at risk.

And while a man's health far surpasses my fandom and love of this game, a lost draft pick (in the same sense that Ryan Shazier became).

Brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    not gonna be the popular sentiment here...but I am on the rebuild bandwagon so here it goes...

I put Muth on the IR and let sit out the rest of the season and let Connor Heyward play. Let Muth concentrate on his health and get Connor some reps along with KP. I think that the chemistry between KP and Muth is already there.

I just think 3 concussions in 22 months speaks of a potential "early retirement" if he gets another one this year.

Not sure that one that has proclivity to get concussions can do anything to reduce the odds of getting a concussion, but certainly getting him bashed any further this year, could end up putting his long term health at risk.

And while a man's health far surpasses my fandom and love of this game, a lost draft pick (in the same sense that Ryan Shazier became).

Brothervad
    22 games..probably more like 14 months

but I’m willing to bet that isn’t a high amount for football players
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"