Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: What did this team _DO_ in the off-season?

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    What did this team _DO_ in the off-season?

    https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...yards-per-game

    Here we are 3 games into the 2022 season, and what has changed since 2021? In 2021 we knew a few things:

    1.) We had one of the worst OLs in the NFL.
    2.) We had THE weakest rush D in the NFL.

    The OL is showing some progress - still one of the weakest in the NFL but showing some improvement.

    But the rush D is still bottom 5 in the NFL and less than 1 yard per game from as bad as all of last year. WTF are the front office and coaching staff doing? It couldn't be any more obvious what the problems were and yet they still remain. This shows incompetence. There is no other way to look at it.

    Either they failed to get the right players in the door to fix the issues, or the failures are in the schemes. Either way, "Mr. I never had a losing season" Shades is failing.

    So, it's a given some teams have too many holes to fix in one off-season. OK. Well guess what? We STILL have other issues on top of those two. Our secondary is suspect with no clear #1 CB but 3's and 4's. Add that to the "most expensive D" in the NFL, without enough beef up front to stop the rush. They had ALL off-season to fix it, but what did they come up with? MORE failure, nearly as bad as the franchise-record worst of last year - within 1 yard a game of it.

    Now, add a record-poor offensive production, and what does that give you: a zero chance of the playoffs or a playoff win. DO these guys get paid all year or do they have other careers during the off-season like the refs? Because it sure seems like they didn't do any work to fix jack sh-t in the off-season - not anything that made a difference anyways.

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    We need a true NT if we want to run the 3-4 effectively.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    We need a true NT if we want to run the 3-4 effectively.
    There are those who will claim "Oh, that mode is outdated." Sure it is. As long as some major % of your D is using only 3 down linemen, you need an "immoveable object" in the middle. But this team fails to recognize it, year after year after year.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    OL is better than you think. Guessing (hoping) they get a LT with a high first round pick next season:

    https://twitter.com/TommyJaggi/statu...l8tMkVHdA6d9zg

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    OL is better than you think. Guessing (hoping) they get a LT with a high first round pick next season:

    https://twitter.com/TommyJaggi/statu...l8tMkVHdA6d9zg
    But when every post you make is a negative post about the OL, can't let facts get in the way of cutting and pasting the same posts over, and over, and over, and over...
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Hard to be good against the run statistically when the other team can lineup and run it 38 times, the offense has to posses the ball and put pressure on the other team, and honestly who cares about the yardage anyway. The bottom line is the D has kept in every game, its time for the offense to start pulling its weight.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    OL is better than you think. Guessing (hoping) they get a LT with a high first round pick next season:

    https://twitter.com/TommyJaggi/statu...l8tMkVHdA6d9zg
    Are you certain they will, and not remain stubborn that Moore is fine?

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    But when every post you make is a negative post about the OL, can't let facts get in the way of cutting and pasting the same posts over, and over, and over, and over...
    Your ignorance is bright and shinning. Show where many posts have been cut and pasted. Ignorance in perpetuity.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Hard to be good against the run statistically when the other team can lineup and run it 38 times, the offense has to posses the ball and put pressure on the other team, and honestly who cares about the yardage anyway. The bottom line is the D has kept in every game, its time for the offense to start pulling its weight.
    But it's not. Now why isn't it? They had all off-season to fix it.

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    But it's not. Now why isn't it? They had all off-season to fix it.
    I think the offense going 3 and out at a record pace has something to do with our defense not holding up.

    Offense has to give them a rest at some point.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •