Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: OJ Has a Take

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    that is so true, but i wasn't going to even go there...lol

It's clear all these years later, they don't much care for it either...
    I mean, it was the reason I smiled at the verdict.

Not because I wanted him to get away with it, just to show how “but he was found innocent by a jury of his peers” can sting like hell.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I mean, it was the reason I smiled at the verdict.

Not because I wanted him to get away with it, just to show how “but he was found innocent by a jury of his peers” can sting like hell.
    I was out having lunch with a lady friend when the verdict was read. After a couple of chuckles at "how could someone obviously guilty get off", we gathered our stuff and took off because those folks were pretty unhappy
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    1. Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
    2a. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
    2b. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    3. Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
    4. Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
    7a.
    7b.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was out having lunch with a lady friend when the verdict was read. After a couple of chuckles at "how could someone obviously guilty get off", we gathered our stuff and took off because those folks were pretty unhappy
    I think $$ has more to do with it... The only color some people see i$ green...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was still working in Y-town back then. After the verdict was read an older irate lady at work came up to me and screamed; "I guess it is alright to murder your ex-wife now".

Being the young smart arse that I was at the time, I fired back; "do they have to be your ex-wife?".

She spun around 180 degrees and marched right to HR. Being good friends with Mr. Maloney at the time once I explained everything it was all he could do to keep a straight face. He told me to get back to work.
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 09-26-2022 at 04:20 PM.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Tenative
    2a) Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama (Bears pick)
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (Steelers pick)
    3) Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Jack Nelson, G, Wisconsin
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I was still working in Y-town back then. After the verdict was read an older irate lady at work came up to me and screamed; "I guess it is alright to murder your ex-wife now".

Being the young smart arse that I was at the time, I fired back; "do they have to be your ex-wife?".

She spun around 180 degrees and marched right to HR. Being good friends with Mr. Maloney at the time once I explained everything it was all he could do to keep a straight face. He told me to get back to work.

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    7a.
    7b.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I have family who lived in Cali at the time. Keep in mind I grew up in Hawaii and lived there at that time.

My brother moved to so-Cal for ONE YEAR, and he is pulled over, body and car searched, abused by cops....SEVEN TIMES in one year.

In ignorance, I said dude why do you put up with it. Just refuse. He tells me they just plant something if you don't cooperate.

When the OJ thing went down HE ABSOLUTELY did not trust cops... ESPECIALLY ones in California. He agreed with the not guilty verdict and I ARGUED WITH HIM about it.

But here is the point many don't understand and don't want to hear.

Experiences shape how we view the world.

Me and my brother, from the same family had different experiences.

Johnny C played on the existing distrust of cops in that jury. Their own experience with cops is what created that. Once Furman got exposed a racist cop who collected the evidence, minds closed.

If a person has grown up trusting police, they cannot understand that POV.

But I urge people to open their minds, put yourself in someone else's shoes. Stop the us versus them talk.

The reason why OJ got off is a foundation where cops aren't trustworthy.

Get a recording of his racism, he finds that bloody glove, idiot move by the prosecution of telling OJ to put it on OVER LATEX?

I think the verdict was wrong. But I understand how skilled lawyers can play to that fundamental distrust to win a case.

I put the blame squarely on the cops and a system that allowed them to abuse people without consequence.

THANK GOODNESS WE HAVE SMARTPHONES TODAY.
    Great post Cap.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Some dude wrote a book in the 90s called (I think) OJ is Guilty, but not of Murder. Heard a radio interview with him, somewhat convincing. OJ's son was an up and coming chef who Nicole stood up for his grand opening, apparently he also had a legit anger problem. Theory was his son did the murders, OJ covered for him.
    This is what I think happened. I know he wasn't jealous of Goldman because a highly thought of engineer who worked in Pasadena, California that worked at my job at the time, told me a year before the murders that he too was hitting Nicole. And that OJ knew about it. He was into that " swingers" life style. Remember, this was a year before. High ranking police officers and people of influence were constantly at OJ's house in Brentwood partying like a son of a gun.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was in Virginia and people were big mad..

verdict was announced on my birthday and tried to take my shine.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I was in Virginia and people were big mad..

verdict was announced on my birthday and tried to take my shine.
    at least you know exactly the date of the verdict - bwahaha
    Only cool thing for *my* bday is that i share it with Scott Baio... bwahaha

(Ok, there's a few more celebs, but that one made me chuckle)

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    7a.
    7b.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I have family who lived in Cali at the time. Keep in mind I grew up in Hawaii and lived there at that time.

My brother moved to so-Cal for ONE YEAR, and he is pulled over, body and car searched, abused by cops....SEVEN TIMES in one year.

In ignorance, I said dude why do you put up with it. Just refuse. He tells me they just plant something if you don't cooperate.

When the OJ thing went down HE ABSOLUTELY did not trust cops... ESPECIALLY ones in California. He agreed with the not guilty verdict and I ARGUED WITH HIM about it.

But here is the point many don't understand and don't want to hear.

Experiences shape how we view the world.

Me and my brother, from the same family had different experiences.

Johnny C played on the existing distrust of cops in that jury. Their own experience with cops is what created that. Once Furman got exposed a racist cop who collected the evidence, minds closed.

If a person has grown up trusting police, they cannot understand that POV.

But I urge people to open their minds, put yourself in someone else's shoes. Stop the us versus them talk.

The reason why OJ got off is a foundation where cops aren't trustworthy.

Get a recording of his racism, he finds that bloody glove, idiot move by the prosecution of telling OJ to put it on OVER LATEX?

I think the verdict was wrong. But I understand how skilled lawyers can play to that fundamental distrust to win a case.

I put the blame squarely on the cops and a system that allowed them to abuse people without consequence.

THANK GOODNESS WE HAVE SMARTPHONES TODAY.
    And thank goodness they put On Patrol Live on tv. Cops was a great show before they were forced to remove it and the new one is just as good. Probably better.