Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4:26 left

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I am probably wrong but thought it was 3rd and 5. I was wondering why the penalty didn't give us a first down.
    It was 4th and 6 and we picked up 5 on the penalty if memory serves...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I am probably wrong but thought it was 3rd and 5. I was wondering why the penalty didn't give us a first down.

screen said 3rd & 5

but the1st down marker was at the 16. ball was snapped at 21 1/2 yard line.

so 4th and half a yard and we didn't think of going for it ???? christ almighty

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    screen said 3rd & 5

but the1st down marker was at the 16. ball was snapped at 21 1/2 yard line.

so 4th and half a yard and we didn't think of going for it ???? christ almighty
    We needed the field goal anyway, sure you could go for it but you would still need to get into the end zone and we had no timeouts, kicking there was the right play.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTP53609 View Post
    Down 9 with 4:26, only 2 timeouts left, 4th and 6 from your own 10……..

I get it, your deep in your own territory, but the only chance you have is to go for it and get 6 fricking yards.
    He played in his fears! You have to go for it there.
    And when we didn't make it, what would you be saying about the HC?

Legend

User Info Menu

Here’s one that tops that.

after the first attempt at the final FG. He spends time discussing with the refs why they have to kick it again after the 12 men penalty.
    Instead of thinking of a play fir the now 4th and 1
    Did you happen to think maybe Tomlin was working the refs in order to give Canada more time to consider a 4th down play? Nah, that would be giving the HC too much credit.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    And when we didn't make it, what would you be saying about the HC?
    Imagine if Tomlin called a fake punt deep in his own half of the field?! We have the element of surprise and the Browns would not be ready for it! Make it a jump ball pass to Pickens! That is if the Browns covering him and aren't caught off guard. Reach down and show the world you have a pair! And throw it to the right person. It would be a bigger shock than Watson...well almost!

But with 4:26 and the position of the field I'd call a punt and tell Turbisky to throw it deep if we hold them and get the ball back. If he turtles it, that's it. Bench him.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 09-24-2022 at 08:49 AM.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Legend

User Info Menu

I disagreed with another punt from the Browns 41 on 4th and 1, but not this one, not after the way the Browns collapsed down the stretch of their first two games.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    We needed the field goal anyway, sure you could go for it but you would still need to get into the end zone and we had no timeouts, kicking there was the right play.
    you’re likely going to have try a 4th down conversion in the possible Comeback attempt.

you’re not getting an easier 4th down/distance then that

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Did you happen to think maybe Tomlin was working the refs in order to give Canada more time to consider a 4th down play? Nah, that would be giving the HC too much credit.
    ummm. Did they go for it or not?

Legend

User Info Menu

you’re likely going to have try a 4th down conversion in the possible Comeback attempt.

you’re not getting an easier 4th down/distance then that
    That doesn't matter, the point is to keep the game alive. You still need the points, you could convert that first down and still have to settle for 3 and then you would be in the same spot with less time. If the ball was on the goal line I agree with going for the TD but not not potentially ending the game for a first down with points you need anyway staring you in the face.