Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4:26 left

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    And when we didn't make it, what would you be saying about the HC?
    I wouldn’t say anything, we probably would of lost 30-14 instead, much better chances to get 6 yards in do or die time there. Just my opinion

also my opinion to maybe kick a fg on the plus side of the two minute warning to preserve clock and still have a fighters chance, I understand nobody does that, I get it, that’s why I’m a school teacher and a high school coach, not in the nfl

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    That doesn't matter, the point is to keep the game alive. You still need the points, you could convert that first down and still have to settle for 3 and then you would be in the same spot with less time. If the ball was on the goal line I agree with going for the TD but not not potentially ending the game for a first down with points you need anyway staring you in the face.
    and if he misses the field goal, does that extending the game ?

there are plenty of fans/coaches/analysts that don’t agree with that theory.

former nfl executive mike Lombardi being one of them

Legend

User Info Menu

Analytics says.... it didn't matter;

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nNEi2y][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2nNEi2y]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    and if he misses the field goal, does that extending the game ?

there are plenty of fans/coaches/analysts that don’t agree with that theory.

former nfl executive mike Lombardi being one of them
    You still are missing the point, you are trading points you need for a first down.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Do we punt if Big Ben was QB? What does that say to MT about what confidence his coach has in him. We are putting our legs up in the air and saying we give up.
    We gave up and didn't want to get beat by 2 touchdowns.
    Maybe Coach Tomlin had the under.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    You still are missing the point, you are trading points you need for a first down.
    I get the point.

my point is youre likely as close to the endzone as you’re going to get.
    gain the damn half a yard and go for the td.

the FG is the easy part of the equation. You can be 40 yards away and have a hood percentage to make it.

the chiefs needed 13 seconds without a TO to move 50 or so yards vs. Buffalo last year

besides that. The pressure the other team now feels because you only need a fg
    they just came off a game they blew 3 days earlier