Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Impatiently waiting patiently

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Well, I think Mitch is proving the Chicago fans that thought he got a raw deal, wrong, with his play thus far this season.

Pappy
    Coworker is from Chicago and he just laughs when I talk about Trubisky.

Everyone uses that probowl like its All Pro. I think the biggest frustration is the amount of weapons we have in Pittsburgh and how bad he is missing guys who are open.

But again, I watched him at UNC ad predicted he would be a bust. He never showed he could take over a game in college. Now I know he has 2 great first halves in his past and would love to see it happen (actually I wouldn’t because I’m a over him) but that first half almost had me okay with giving Mitch another game.. then the second half happened and he turned back into a pumpkin.

I think the biggest frustration with Mitch is all these sideline passes that fall out of bounds when I see anWR who can make
    a play. He is way too safe. You can throw those passes but you have to give the WR a chance.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

This is what I was talking about in the other thread, the one thing the coach can get blamed for in losses is personnel decisions. This is a perfect example, he clearly isnt putting the best guy on the field and its hurting the team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    This is what I was talking about in the other thread, the one thing the coach can get blamed for in losses is personnel decisions. This is a perfect example, he clearly isnt putting the best guy on the field and its hurting the team.
    Well, to be fair, no one knows if Pickett is the best player but we all want to find out and I don't believe that Tomlin has the nerve to pull the trigger.

Pappy

Tomlin: If we win the toss, take the ball
    Ben: They have the number one defense in the world.
    Tomlin: I got you

1.20 - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2.52 - George Pickesn, WR, Alabama
    3.84 - DeMarvin Leal, DE, Texas A&M
    4.138 - Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis
    6.209 -Connor Heyward, RB, MSU
    7.225 - Mark Robinson, LB, Ole Miss
    7.242 - Chris Oladokum, QB, SD State

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Well, to be fair, no one knows if Pickett is the best player but we all want to find out and I don't believe that Tomlin has the nerve to pull the trigger.

Pappy
    Some people are afraid to fail, others afraid to succeed.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Tenative
    2a) Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama (Bears pick)
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (Steelers pick)
    3) Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Jack Nelson, G, Wisconsin
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not surprised some would blame the HC. We do it on here as well. Thing is, either Mitch is the most awesome and most underutilized QB or maybe, just maybe.. he isnít that good?

He only played 1 year at UNC. People love using KPís one breakout year against him but he was a Heisman finalist. Mitch had average stats and somehow convinced enough draft experts he was better than his film.
    Unfortunately, Mitch being bad doesn't mean Kenny will be good.

But I'm all for running the experiment at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Coworker is from Chicago and he just laughs when I talk about Trubisky.

Everyone uses that probowl like its All Pro. I think the biggest frustration is the amount of weapons we have in Pittsburgh and how bad he is missing guys who are open.

But again, I watched him at UNC ad predicted he would be a bust. He never showed he could take over a game in college. Now I know he has 2 great first halves in his past and would love to see it happen (actually I wouldnít because Iím a over him) but that first half almost had me okay with giving Mitch another game.. then the second half happened and he turned back into a pumpkin.

I think the biggest frustration with Mitch is all these sideline passes that fall out of bounds when I see anWR who can make
    a play. He is way too safe. You can throw those passes but you have to give the WR a chance.
    You are a pretty sharp dude.. but I wouldnt get on here bragging about your predictions if I were you lol.. (see the 300 page Bell Thread)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    You are a pretty sharp dude.. but I wouldnt get on here bragging about your predictions if I were you lol.. (see the 300 page Bell Thread)
    I’m only human..
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin had this plan in March when they signed Mitch, he's certainly not going to let fans and media types convince him he's wrong, in fact he's only going to dig in deeper.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Unfortunately, Mitch being bad doesn't mean Kenny will be good.

But I'm all for running the experiment at this point.
    Yep, what if we find out everything Joel and Shawn have been saying is true - not a good enough arm, game too fast for him, etc. Don't think it would happen, but if it did over a 14-game stretch, might it convince them to draft another QB next year?

As it is, they're going to head into next year's QB-rich draft with a top 10 pick and no idea whether or not they need a QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Yep, what if we find out everything Joel and Shawn have been saying is true - not a good enough arm, game too fast for him, etc. Don't think it would happen, but if it did over a 14-game stretch, might it convince them to draft another QB next year?

As it is, they're going to head into next year's QB-rich draft with a top 10 pick and no idea whether or not they need a QB.
    coward brought up this point after a couple pre season games.