Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Impatiently waiting patiently

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This is false.. all we need are more first downs and more accurate passes past the sticks. Mitch is shaky as hell on intermediate passes. KP doesnít have to put up stats like a star for us to succeed, just play better than Mitch who has been pretty bad thus far.

Move the chains and give the D a rest and we will have better results.
    Agreed here. The thing is, he doesn't have to be a *star*.

Think of the 2 losses... He needs only to be a moderate improvement over Mitch and that would be enough to be 3-0 right now.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    1. Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
    2a. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
    2b. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    3. Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
    4. Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
    7a.
    7b.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Nonsense, he's the anti-Mitch, he reads defenses and throws with anticipation.

I'm sorry you hitched your irrational wagon to Mitch this offseason, but I watched this pile for three years in Chicago and he is what he is, stop blaming the OC for his failures.
    That's funny considering most of the bears fans I've read up on think Mitch got a raw deal in Chicago..

And in terms of blaming Canada.. youd be one of the very few who are in his "Camp".. if indeed you are endorsing this **** show...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    That's funny considering most of the bears fans I've read up on think Mitch got a raw deal in Chicago..

And in terms of blaming Canada.. youd be one of the very few who are in his "Camp".. if indeed you are endorsing this **** show...
    They both have blame...
    The play calling has been crap for the better part of 3 games. They had a 2nd and long and threw like a 12 yard pass to get to 3rd and manageable and i was actually impressed. But, in a "being proud of your kid for using the potty" kind of impressed. This is a basic skill that everyone as an OC should know, but i fully expected a middle screen to the TE

But, Mitch also missed some throws - badly. I have to assume the misses on the shorter ones were option routes (i know one with him and DJ seemed that way). Still, his downfield accuracy seemed less than desirable

You're both right...

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    7a.
    7b.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nagy gets the blame from the outside, not from anyone I know here. I see time to throw, open receiver, and space to run. I don't see an accurate QB from the pocket or a RB who hits hole consistently.

Backup

User Info Menu

We've seen MT play 3 games against average teams. We could only score what 17 ppg. He will play against the Jets and if we lose that game the season is done.
    I've seen enough of MT to know he's not going to be an average NFL QB. All he is at best is a backup.
    KP will be put in then because it doesn't matter how it goes. The Rooney's will make Tomlin play Pickett because they have to know if he can make it. Even if KP loses you can still judge his talent.

Don't worry KP will be playing soon. And one last thing, Ben would be 3-0 if he was playing. They should have found a way to keep Ben for one more season and have KP back him up. That would have been ideal.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not surprised some would blame the HC. We do it on here as well. Thing is, either Mitch is the most awesome and most underutilized QB or maybe, just maybe.. he isn’t that good?

He only played 1 year at UNC. People love using KP’s one breakout year against him but he was a Heisman finalist. Mitch had average stats and somehow convinced enough draft experts he was better than his film.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    We've seen MT play 3 games against average teams. We could only score what 17 ppg. He will play against the Jets and if we lose that game the season is done.
    I've seen enough of MT to know he's not going to be an average NFL QB. All he is at best is a backup.
    KP will be put in then because it doesn't matter how it goes. The Rooney's will make Tomlin play Pickett because they have to know if he can make it. Even if KP loses you can still judge his talent.

Don't worry KP will be playing soon. And one last thing, Ben would be 3-0 if he was playing. They should have found a way to keep Ben for one more season and have KP back him up. That would have been ideal.
    Most believe Brisset would be 3-0 as well. Honestly, I donít think we needed hero ball or great QB play to be 3-0.

Hell, Mason may have been 3-0 too because he gives our WRís chances downfield.

One of the weirder decisions Tomlin and company have made this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not surprised some would blame the HC. We do it on here as well. Thing is, either Mitch is the most awesome and most underutilized QB or maybe, just maybe.. he isnít that good?

He only played 1 year at UNC. People love using KPís one breakout year against him but he was a Heisman finalist. Mitch had average stats and somehow convinced enough draft experts he was better than his film.
    being realistic - i didn't think Mitch was the 2nd coming of Tom Brady - but i *did* think he'd be a .500 quarterback with a solid team around him. I'm no longer convinced of that..

you got room on that "start kenny now" bandwagon? i need a seat

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    7a.
    7b.

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, I think Mitch is proving the Chicago fans that thought he got a raw deal, wrong, with his play thus far this season.

Pappy

Tomlin: If we win the toss, take the ball
    Ben: They have the number one defense in the world.
    Tomlin: I got you

1.20 - Kenny Pickett, QB, Pitt
    2.52 - George Pickesn, WR, Alabama
    3.84 - DeMarvin Leal, DE, Texas A&M
    4.138 - Calvin Austin III, WR, Memphis
    6.209 -Connor Heyward, RB, MSU
    7.225 - Mark Robinson, LB, Ole Miss
    7.242 - Chris Oladokum, QB, SD State

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    being realistic - i didn't think Mitch was the 2nd coming of Tom Brady - but i *did* think he'd be a .500 quarterback with a solid team around him. I'm no longer convinced of that..

you got room on that "start kenny now" bandwagon? i need a seat
    ton’s of room, I have snacks too.