Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 49

Thread: Najee Harris isn't the back you're looking for.

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Najee Harris isn't the back you're looking for.

    Harris isn't a rookie anymore. That new car smell is gone. He is what he is, which is not conducive to scoring many points in the NFL.

    I shall explain. He simply does not hit many big plays as a runner or receiver over 20+ yards in the NFL. These are plays that put the offense
    in a position to score. Go ahead and analyze his stats, you'll see very few of these plays. In the past three games, he's averaged 3.2 yards per rush in 40 attempts as of 9-25-22.

    He's too slow, and does not accelerate fast enough! He never ran an official 40 yard dash or 10 yard spilt at a combine or pro day. The 40 yard dash measures long speed and the 10 yard split measures acceleration and quickness from a starting position. No shuttle time, which measures quickness and ability to change direction. Hmm...

    On the field, he almost always runs inside. He's too slow to be successful outside. He doesn't accelerate quick enough to get the edge. Doesn't hit the hole fast enough either. Doesn't run by anyone. His vision compounds the problem, as he doesn't always follow his blockers.

    Teams on defense know where he's going to be vs the run or pass. They adjust and play the inside run and move players closer the line of scrimmage. He put on weight this off-season which makes him slower. Players tend to put on weight as they age.

    He's a good pass catcher but not a real threat as one. In fact he has caught 10 balls for a measly 4.8 yards per catch. This rates last among backs who start, I think. He's a good, but not very good or a great power runner. He's no Derrick Henry. He can make a man miss, but it's not enough to build a game around. A below average runner and pass catcher by the standards of starting backs. Exactly what the other teams wants.

    Najee Harris isn't the back you're looking for. He starts now, but I'm wondering if Warren is better for the offense.
    Last edited by Joel Buchsbaum; 09-23-2022 at 08:32 AM.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    We drafted Edmunds with Chubb on the board. 'nuff said.
    2023 Mock Draft

    1) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Tenative
    2a) Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama (Bears pick)
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (Steelers pick)
    3) Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Jack Nelson, G, Wisconsin
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    We drafted Edmunds with Chubb on the board. 'nuff said.
    Right, And we passed on Jonathan Taylor too in round one when he was on the board! Either player would significantly upgrade the offense.

    But the thread is on Harris. He's not Chubb or Taylor. Do you find it accurate? Anyone who agree with me can add to the points made, and those who disagree with me can say he's good and explain why.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    If Warren can hold onto the ball we have a great 1, 2 punch at RB.

    Shame he never saw the field (as far as I remember) after that fumble.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If Warren can hold onto the ball we have a great 1, 2 punch at RB.

    Shame he never saw the field (as far as I remember) after that fumble.
    Ball security is super important.

    Hope he gets that nailed down because he runs hard and got some yards.

    Would be nice if we shared carries more. Particularly since we seem to get sparks in the running game when Warren comes in. But fumbling kills games.

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If Warren can hold onto the ball we have a great 1, 2 punch at RB.


    Shame he never saw the field (as far as I remember) after that fumble.
    he had that wonderfully executed shovel screen that worked to perfection, outside of illegal man downfield

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    The Trubisky & Harris combination is hurting the offense. Sounds like a bad drink. The Steelers need to restructure the offense staring with coaching ( you have good receivers, use them ) and this includes or starting QB and RB. One avoids the middle and throws it short. The other doesn't follow blockers and lacks the acceleration and speed to run it outside and runs it short inside. We are too easy for a professional defense and coaching to defend!
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    The Trubisky & Harris combination is hurting the offense. Sounds like a bad drink. The Steelers need to restructure the offense staring with coaching ( you have good receivers, use them ) and this includes or starting QB and RB. One avoids the middle and throws it short. The other doesn't follow blockers and lacks the acceleration and speed to run it outside and runs it short inside. We are too easy for a professional defense and coaching to defend!
    Don't know how good the receivers are (other than Pickens). DJ drops continue regardless of QB. Claypool continues to underwhelm and can't separate from anyone. Canada is part of the problem but so is a bad O-line. A combination of a lot of bad things. Including a front office that didn't address the D-line or linebacker situations adequately over the off-season. And other than Fitz, our secondary is a bunch of nobodies now. The way Amari abused them last night will be copied cause there is no pass rush anymore. Being hit with constant crossing patterns all night while Brissett just sat back and waited for them to develop was a telling sign.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    The Trubisky & Harris combination is hurting the offense. Sounds like a bad drink. The Steelers need to restructure the offense staring with coaching ( you have good receivers, use them ) and this includes or starting QB and RB. One avoids the middle and throws it short. The other doesn't follow blockers and lacks the acceleration and speed to run it outside and runs it short inside. We are too easy for a professional defense and coaching to defend!
    Pickens might be great but not with this outfit and that's sad

  10. #10
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Harris isn't a rookie anymore. That new car smell is gone. He is what he is, which is not conducive to scoring many points in the NFL.

    I shall explain. He simply does not hit many big plays as a runner or receiver over 20+ yards in the NFL. These are plays that put the offense
    in a position to score. Go ahead and analyze his stats, you'll see very few of these plays. In the past three games, he's averaged 3.2 yards per rush in 40 attempts as of 9-25-22.

    He's too slow, and does not accelerate fast enough! He never ran an official 40 yard dash or 10 yard spilt at a combine or pro day. The 40 yard dash measures long speed and the 10 yard split measures acceleration and quickness from a starting position. No shuttle time, which measures quickness and ability to change direction. Hmm...

    On the field, he almost always runs inside. He's too slow to be successful outside. He doesn't accelerate quick enough to get the edge. Doesn't hit the hole fast enough either. Doesn't run by anyone. His vision compounds the problem, as he doesn't always follow his blockers.

    Teams on defense know where he's going to be vs the run or pass. They adjust and play the inside run and move players closer the line of scrimmage. He put on weight this off-season which makes him slower. Players tend to put on weight as they age.

    He's a good pass catcher but not a real threat as one. In fact he has caught 10 balls for a measly 4.8 yards per catch. This rates last among backs who start, I think. He's a good, but not very good or a great power runner. He's no Derrick Henry. He can make a man miss, but it's not enough to build a game around. A below average runner and pass catcher by the standards of starting backs. Exactly what the other teams wants.

    Najee Harris isn't the back you're looking for. He starts now, but I'm wondering if Warren is better for the offense.
    I have to admit I loved the Najee Harris pick. Although a LT made more sense to me.

    I'm a little disappointment in his play most especially with his vision. His speed is okay if he had good vision but right now he doesn't. So his lack of speed is killing the offense. I do love the fact that he never fumbles. This is important to me. I'm not ready for Fumblelina Warren to take over the reigns until he learns how to secure the damn football. I swear to god it must run in the family as Fumblelina Parker led the NFL in fumbles that one year. He was by far the worst starting RB in the NFL.
    Steel Mafia wrote: "I would gladly welcome 25 Cartel associates and/or 15 Syrian terrorists with open arms

    feltdizz on justifying Cameron Heyward's lies: "Cam is a leader, he just has a tendency to try and speak things into existence".

    Shawn's RACIST narrative, "All black QBs are either run first, perverts or unable to handle the position cognitively".






Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •