Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Everyone Become Delusional?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    If you're going to bring up drops, you'd better also remember how many times in this short season the WRs have bailed Mitch out on badly placed balls.

https://www.steelers.com/video/highl...e-handed-catch

https://www.nfl.com/videos/can-t-mis...a-lifetime-for

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1573112216802324485
    I did say Mitch is only part of the problem didn’t I?
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Tomlin will put in Pickett when he is confident he is ready. None of us see what is going on during practice or in the QB prep meetings. Maybe he is not showing command of the offense yet

He is the future, but it is unrealistic to expect lightning to strike twice and have the same thing happen that happened when Ben took over
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Tomlin will put in Pickett when he is confident he is ready. None of us see what is going on during practice or in the QB prep meetings. Maybe he is not showing command of the offense yet
    My gut says that Tomlin is going more on his gut than some methodical evaluation of Kenny's "readiness". Tomlin is on record long before the Kenny pick, saying he wants a veteran to run the offense. Veteran and athletic. That's what Mitch brings. And to be honest, this offense doesn't look much different this year vs last year with HOF Ben. Mitch is more athletic. But the offense is the same pathetic offense.

I think Tomlin is going to ride with Mitch and his veteran/athletic qualities well into this season and I won't be surprised if Kenny doesn't see the field at all until next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    My gut says that Tomlin is going more on his gut than some methodical evaluation of Kenny's "readiness". Tomlin is on record long before the Kenny pick, saying he wants a veteran to run the offense. Veteran and athletic. That's what Mitch brings. And to be honest, this offense doesn't look much different this year vs last year with HOF Ben. Mitch is more athletic. But the offense is the same pathetic offense.

I think Tomlin is going to ride with Mitch and his veteran/athletic qualities well into this season and I won't be surprised if Kenny doesn't see the field at all until next season.
    It is indeed the same pathetic scheme that helped our HOF QB place second from the bottom in QBR last year.. not sure why folks cant see it for what it is..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Money post, flip, especially the part about scheming the first read wide open. Nagy *helped* Mitch, he didn't hurt him in Chicago, by doing this very thing.

Tomlin is delusional, he thinks safe Mitch + a 100% perfect execution by everyone else is good enough to win games. Whether or not he thinks he can just win enough to keep his .500 streak alive or win it all is anyone's guess, but I don't see how they're better than 2-6 at the bye.
    I agree with much of this but I cannot believe Tomlin is satisfied with Mitch or has delusions we go anywhere with him.

I don't rule out a change this week regardless of what's been said.

If Mitch keeps playing, I simply do not believe it is because he thinks Mitch is the answer. Why?

If he did, Kenny would not be a Steeler in the first place.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I agree with much of this but I cannot believe Tomlin is satisfied with Mitch or has delusions we go anywhere with him.

I don't rule out a change this week regardless of what's been said.

If Mitch keeps playing, I simply do not believe it is because he thinks Mitch is the answer. Why?

If he did, Kenny would not be a Steeler in the first place.
    Another way of lookin at this is... why the heck is MR still on the roster.. if Tomlin is convinced that either of the first 2 are the answer?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Another way of lookin at this is... why the heck is MR still on the roster.. if Tomlin is convinced that either of the first 2 are the answer?
    Personally, I like Kenny and Mason. Mitch is the one who should be odd man out after the season.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Personally, I like Kenny and Mason. Mitch is the one who should be odd man out after the season.
    Not knowing off the top of my head, Is his 7mil a year guaranteed?
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

The guy on the bench always looks better than the starter on the losing end of a ballgame lol..
    Problem is Mason is a known commodity.. I prefer MT over Mason... based on their "Body of work" as starting NFL QBs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bawb the Revelator View Post
    Of course. Based upon 2021 1 and done playoff year I'd think 2022's first NFL Draft pick would address the shortcomings like OL or DB or even LB. KP8 wasn't Trevor Lawrence or Peyton Manning. KP8 is a fair college QB who had a good 5th year. But he's Pittsburgh's hometown kid. THE DEFINITION OF PUBLIC RELATIONS OVER NEED.

As a Steeler Lifer, this sucks.
    Robert is underselling KP8... He's downplaying what the Steelers have in KP8 to justify not playing him, when it has nothing to do with his talent; and then he's citing some utopian, non-existent OL, DB or even LB as the answer in hindsight... Except what rookie OL, DB or even LB is lighting it up for some other team, who benefitted by Pittsburgh's oversight?? There isn't one... KP8 was the best pick on the board when Pittsburgh picked AND he's a hometown kid... He wasn't the best pick on the board BECAUSE he is a hometown kid.... I just hope all this cooling his heels on the sideline isn't cooling-off KP8's hot hand that he had at Pitt... And I don't think Trevor Lawrence is that good, anyway; but I KNOW he'd be even worse if he didn't play as a rookie...