Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would the Steelers record be with Brissett?

Legend

User Info Menu

What would the Steelers record be with Brissett?

Mind you, I didn't want to sign him, felt he was too conservative, no upside, etc. Didn't want Mitch either, but right now I'd take Brissett 10 of 10 times. Diced us up last night, doesn't make mistakes, sees the field better than Mitch, acts like a leader out there. Would have been a better bridge to Kenny.

He's played well enough for the Browns to be 3-0.

Legend

User Info Menu

Without TJ. A lot of QBs will look good vs. this defense

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Brissett is a far better QB than Mitch. There were better veterans to go after than Mitch. But Mitch came on the cheap. He's a veteran and athletic, the two qualities Tomlin said were important to him. Unfortunately, those are Mitch's only good qualities.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think we could easily be 3-0 with above average QB play. We still have problems but the cheaters and clowns were beatable.

Legend

User Info Menu

3-0.. and the way Brisset was dealing wasn’t big chunk plays, just chain moving plays and I think Pickett will be a similar QB. When you move the chains good things happen, mainly.. the D gets to rest.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    3-0.. and the way Brisset was dealing wasn’t big chunk plays, just chain moving plays and I think Pickett will be a similar QB. When you move the chains good things happen, mainly.. the D gets to rest.
    Correct and even if we had Brisset we still have Matt Canada.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Tenative
    2a) Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama (Bears pick)
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (Steelers pick)
    3) Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Jack Nelson, G, Wisconsin
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The good news is we still came close and Watson would if done no better than Brisett

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    but did you see Brissett calmly pass the ball underneath. Mitch isn’t consistent and he also broke a clean pocket multiple times.

Dude is skittish as hell
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Exactly. Canada is another piece of the problem.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Mind you, I didn't want to sign him, felt he was too conservative, no upside, etc. Didn't want Mitch either, but right now I'd take Brissett 10 of 10 times. Diced us up last night, doesn't make mistakes, sees the field better than Mitch, acts like a leader out there. Would have been a better bridge to Kenny.

He's played well enough for the Browns to be 3-0.
    But the Browns aren't 3-0, are they? You forgot to factor-in the Browns constant, K(sub B)... The Browns is the Browns...