Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Let this Sink In

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Interesting, I kind of thought the opposite on TJ.

That it makes sense to bring him back if we look competitive.

But if we suck (and so far I think we do), might as well let him get to 100%.
    That's the smart thing to do, I just think they'll panic and rush him back when we're 2-4.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    Mitch's night, a circus 36 yard catch (that hits his stats), garbage time passing yards, 1 out of 9 on 3rd down conversions, an INT if it were not for a toe on the white line in the endzone, three 3 and outs in a row second half. I have seen enough. Tomlin however will wait until the season is officially lost before even considering a QB change. If he is not ready for Pickett then put Ruddy in!!!!!.
    Yeah!!!!

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    That's the smart thing to do, I just think they'll panic and rush him back when we're 2-4.
    I am afraid of that as well. If we win lose the next 2 there is no reason to rush him back and risk further injury.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Tenative
    2a) Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama (Bears pick)
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (Steelers pick)
    3) Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Jack Nelson, G, Wisconsin
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    DJ dropped two passes. Harris played better but our offense and running game seemed to work better with Warren. Too bad his shovel pass big play was called back. The OL played better in general...for our standards.
    honestly, the offense was better in the 1st half when they seemed to have a better mix of passes beyond 10 yards downfield.
    In the second half, there seemed to be a lot fewer until the 4th quarter in panic mode.

Mitch missed badly on a handful of throws... dare I say it - I honestly believe Pickett wins that game.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    1. Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
    2a. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
    2b. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    3. Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
    4. Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
    7a.
    7b.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    That penalty was a back breaker. Why do you fall on a player when he is already down. We had their defense on its heels and it negated a 30-yard play.
    That wasnt the penalty, the penalty was for ineligible man down field.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The O line takes the bulk of the heat but the D line sucks. They should be embarrassed! Last week the Patriots ran 12 out of 13 plays on the ground and ate up 6 1/2 minutes to end the game. Last night the Browns went on a late 11 play, 80 yard drive, with all but 1 play being a run play. Weak.
    It doesn't appear our rush D has been fixed, does it?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    honestly, the offense was better in the 1st half when they seemed to have a better mix of passes beyond 10 yards downfield.
    In the second half, there seemed to be a lot fewer until the 4th quarter in panic mode.

Mitch missed badly on a handful of throws... dare I say it - I honestly believe Pickett wins that game.
    As a fan so do I, but Pickett is a rookie, and rookie's at quarterback's make a lot of mistakes and throw interceptions. Pickett has not proven he can pass it beyond the short stuff! It all he complete in 3 pre-season games vs the 2nd and 3rd string guys. So what you saying is a projection and it wasn't close to being proven during the pre-season. As bad as things are an offense, we have not turned the ball over.

This doesn't excuse Trubisky who is far from a rookie!
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post

Not even close. We need a big DT/NT who can make plays. It is on the shopping list next free agency and draft.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I'm hoping that we don't do something stupid since we still have him under contract for big $$ for a while.

And this year is looking like it isn't going to be all that competitive anyway.

Guys can always get hurt, but I don't think it's worth bringing him back if they think the risk is elevated.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Not when your offense goes 3 and outs and are something like 1 for 9 on 3rd downs. Time of possession favored the Browns by over 13 minutes. That's almost a full quarter.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Tenative
    2a) Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama (Bears pick)
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (Steelers pick)
    3) Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Jack Nelson, G, Wisconsin
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville