Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let this Sink In

Legend

User Info Menu

Let this Sink In

Almost 13 minutes ToP difference in the game.

ALMOST A FULL QUARTER the Browns possessed the football. I lay most of the blame on the offense. One for 9 on 3rd down is way short of varsity play.

But it wasn't all negative. Good mix of plays on offense. A few more passes downfield (but DJ needs to shut up about getting the ball!). Run blocking modestly improved. Special teams on point. Trubisky had better throws, just not enough of them.

Defense needs a long rest. 0-6 with Watt on defense says a lot.

Outcome not completely a surprise though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

ALMOST A FULL QUARTER the Browns possessed the football. I lay most of the blame on the offense. One for 9 on 3rd down is way short of varsity play.

But it wasn't all negative. Good mix of plays on offense. A few more passes downfield (but DJ needs to shut up about getting the ball!). Run blocking modestly improved. Special teams on point. Trubisky had better throws, just not enough of them.

Defense needs a long rest. 0-6 with Watt on defense says a lot.

Outcome not completely a surprise though.
    DJ dropped two passes. Harris played better but our offense and running game seemed to work better with Warren. Too bad his shovel pass big play was called back. The OL played better in general...for our standards.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    DJ dropped two passes. Harris played better but our offense and running game seemed to work better with Warren. Too bad his shovel pass big play was called back. The OL played better in general...for our standards.
    Yes, I think the stupid, stupid penalty on Chucks Okorafora really turned the tide of the game.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Tenative
    2a) Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama (Bears pick)
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (Steelers pick)
    3) Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Jack Nelson, G, Wisconsin
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Yes, I think the stupid, stupid penalty on Chucks Okorafora really turned the tide of the game.
    Noone wants to talk about that though. They just wanna hang Mitch..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Noone wants to talk about that though. They just wanna hang Mitch..
    That penalty was a back breaker. Why do you fall on a player when he is already down. We had their defense on its heels and it negated a 30-yard play.
    2023 Mock Draft

5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

It doesn't have to sink in! Watching the game, especially the 2nd half, I could feel the TOP difference being burned into my retinas. It was sheer torture watching this team in the 2nd half.

The offense couldn't do ANYTHING. And the defense couldn't stop ANYTHING. Just awful.

Legend

User Info Menu

The O line takes the bulk of the heat but the D line sucks. They should be embarrassed! Last week the Patriots ran 12 out of 13 plays on the ground and ate up 6 1/2 minutes to end the game. Last night the Browns went on a late 11 play, 80 yard drive, with all but 1 play being a run play. Weak.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    The O line takes the bulk of the heat but the D line sucks. They should be embarrassed! Last week the Patriots ran 12 out of 13 plays on the ground and ate up 6 1/2 minutes to end the game. Last night the Browns went on a late 11 play, 80 yard drive, with all but 1 play being a run play. Weak.
    Without Watt, the entire defense is average or below. He's clearly the MVP of the D. His QB pressure makes the DBs look good. His presence in general makes the line work better.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

0-6 in games Watt does not play.

Where was Minkah?
    2023 Mock Draft

5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville