Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Positives From Browns Game

Legend

User Info Menu

Positives From Browns Game

Missed some of the game due to crappy video, but from what I did manage to see, and heard, Devin Bush had a pretty good game

Tremendous catch by Pickens

OL probably played as well as can be expected for them

Legend

User Info Menu

Warren looks pretty good too imo.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    He needs the ball more often. I'm not saying its time to bench Harris right now, rather give Warren the ball more and the expense of some of Harris carries. He's quick to the hole and shows some speed. He takes the lead from the OL and follows the blocks. He just sees things developing quicker.. He runs with some burst, and he has some power. The TV announcers made a good point on his height. He's tougher to locate behind the OL. I need a bigger sample of his play, but I like what I see so far. Harris has some competition. I think he our best back up running back in a while.

Meanwhile Harris continues to struggle. Let's see how the Jets game goes. If Warren counties to shine and Harris continues to struggle , a switch to Warren starting should be considered. Let's see if Tomlin can do that.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Legend

User Info Menu

The OL is coming together nicely. Highsmith seemed to have a good game, Freeney like spin move for a sack against a damn good LT.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You have to factor in it was the Browns before praising the OL and running game. They did well against the Browns last year as well.

Let's see this continue on first before I heap praise.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Tenative
    2a) Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama (Bears pick)
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (Steelers pick)
    3) Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Jack Nelson, G, Wisconsin
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd feel better about the OLine if we were able to move the ball at all in the 2nd half. Not sure I can bring myself to re-watch this game, but I don't think the line was doing much in the 2nd half.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Can you check Warren’s yards per carry? Just curious to know.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    He needs the ball more often. I'm not saying its time to bench Harris right now, rather give Warren the ball more and the expense of some of Harris carries. He's quick to the hole and shows some speed. He takes the lead from the OL and follows the blocks. He just sees things developing quicker.. He runs with some burst, and he has some power. The TV announcers made a good point on his height. He's tougher to locate behind the OL. I need a bigger sample of his play, but I like what I see so far. Harris has some competition. I think he our best back up running back in a while.

Meanwhile Harris continues to struggle. Let's see how the Jets game goes. If Warren counties to shine and Harris continues to struggle , a switch to Warren starting should be considered. Let's see if Tomlin can do that.
    Warren looked really good to me.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers were winning at half time. Huge positive.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Warren was 4 for 30.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Tenative
    2a) Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama (Bears pick)
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (Steelers pick)
    3) Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Jack Nelson, G, Wisconsin
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville