Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone Think Kenny Plays Tonight?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    That's the truth. Tomlin knows Kenny isn't ready now. Whether he will be good enough we he is remains to be seen. The way our offense is playing under Mitch there isn't much to lose.
    We will see Pickett once we are say three games below .500 or have realistically have been eliminated from the playoffs. It's on Tomlin to right the ship. I say this as several spots could have a new starter by the season end.
    Without a new OC it's not going to matter...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Mitch played well enough to win. Didnt get much help from Canada.. DJ etc.
    No, he didn't. He had a good first half, then stunk in the 2nd. A big part of that was Pickens rescuing another bad ball.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He dropped 2 passes last night. If you want to call him "Pretty damned good" so far.. that's fine by me.
    The pass I referenced hit him in the hands. For 18 mill a year.. youd expect a top tier receiver to make that play.
    He doesn't watch the game, or ignores the negative. What you write is true. DJ dropped 2 passes last night. He's not worth 18 million a year! We over paid for his services. But hey, he runs nice crisp short routes doesn't he! And blocks like a kicker. And rarely gets deep. And...
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    No, he didn't. He had a good first half, then stunk in the 2nd. A big part of that was Pickens rescuing another bad ball.
    I think the play calling stunk.. period.
    What's the point of drafting Freirmuth if you target him one time?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think the play calling stunk.. period.
    What's the point of drafting Freirmuth if you target him one time?
    Canada doesn't choose who to throw to. Mitch does. He doesn't go through progressions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Mitch played well enough to win. Didnt get much help from Canada.. DJ etc.
    No he didnít. He played okay in the first half. Played typical Mitch football in the second half.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

He dropped 2 passes last night. If you want to call him "Pretty damned good" so far.. that's fine by me.
    The pass I referenced hit him in the hands. For 18 mill a year.. youd expect a top tier receiver to make that play.
    drops suck but all WRís have them.

I think the problem is everyone has to be perfect for us to look like an average offense.

but DJ needs to chill out with the body language after a bad pass. Seemed like from that point on he wasnít sharp.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It was almost shocking how different the offense was between the first and second half. Did the Clowns D adjust to some things? Or did we just suck that badly?

First half, Mitch made some nice throws, hurry-up offense, rolled him out to throw on the run, a few runs of his own, OL was making some holes for the RBs. A highlight reel, acrobatic catch for the ages.

Second half, literally NOTHING worked. Just a series of 3-and-outs. Pathetic performance in the 2nd half. Below JV.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    It was almost shocking how different the offense was between the first and second half. Did the Clowns D adjust to some things? Or did we just suck that badly?

First half, Mitch made some nice throws, hurry-up offense, rolled him out to throw on the run, a few runs of his own, OL was making some holes for the RBs. A highlight reel, acrobatic catch for the ages.

Second half, literally NOTHING worked. Just a series of 3-and-outs. Pathetic performance in the 2nd half. Below JV.
    In game adjustments is not Tomlin's forte. The Cleveland coaching staff made adjustments.
    The offense needs a RB capable of hitting big plays in the rushing and passing department, and two new starting OL. The run D needs at DT/NT and new ILB to stop the run. Better play calling / coaching is badly needed. Time to put them all on the shopping list for the next draft / offseason because they are not changing this year. That much I'm fairly confident of.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post

well, we had a drop or 2 by DJ.

but beyond that I think we just need miracle plays half the time to keep a drive alive.