Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kovacevic: Steelers have not one but TWO mega-sized problems on offense

Legend

User Info Menu

Rich Gannon on MT after Browns game;

“When push comes to shove, he [Trubisky] trusts his ability to improvise more than he trusts his ability to sit in the pocket, read the defense, go through the progressions, and make a good accurate throw. He’d rather move around, slide to his right or slide to his left and make a big play on the move. That’s really what he defers to and it’s a problem. There’s times where the protection is good, he’s belly in the pocket,” Gannon said.

“There’s times when his feet are an issue and it’s effecting his anticipation, the timing, the accuracy of the throws. The other thing Bruce, and this may sound crazy, but I’ve played enough of the position to know, I think he’s being ultra conservative. I think he’s afraid to make the big mistake and get yanked from a game. And I will just tell you that I think his seat is getting hot in Pittsburgh.”
    In the CLE game, MT's time to throw was nearly 3 seconds (2.94). I don't he is totally comfortable in this offense yet. The Jets game may be the tipping point. The Jets defense is surrendering 27 pts/gm. They only have 5 sacks on the season. I think how MT plays in this game will say a lot about how soon KP might be inserted into the lineup.

Legend

User Info Menu

Andrew Fillipponi
    @ThePoniExpress

Award winning reporter @JRown32on @937theFan
    says the majority of Steelers offensive players want Matt Canada fired.

Sep 26, 2022

https://twitter.com/ThePoniExpress/s...Canada%2Fpage6

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

In the CLE game, MT's time to throw was nearly 3 seconds (2.94). I don't he is totally comfortable in this offense yet. The Jets game may be the tipping point. The Jets defense is surrendering 27 pts/gm. They only have 5 sacks on the season. I think how MT plays in this game will say a lot about how soon KP might be inserted into the lineup.
    I don't know much about football, but at least I know that we don't want a QB that is belly in the pocket.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    I don't know much about football, but at least I know that we don't want a QB that is belly in the pocket.
    What 'cha talking about, Willis??
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Tenative
    2a) Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama (Bears pick)
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (Steelers pick)
    3) Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Jack Nelson, G, Wisconsin
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post

That's kinda what Ben did at MT's age... not that it matters...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    1. Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
    2a. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
    2b. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    3. Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
    4. Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
    7a.
    7b.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    What 'cha talking about, Willis??
    No idea, I was just quoting Rich Gannon.

Backup

User Info Menu

Reading and watching clips of an all 22 review of the Patriots game, It looked like a lot of Canada's plays had the potential for success if Mitch threw the ball to open receivers and the RBs, especially Najee, hit the running lanes instead of bouncing it into traffic.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Coach-Davis-digs-into-the-Steelers-frustrations-on-offense-and-sees-more-optimism-bout-only-if-the-execution-follows-193880430/

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue80s View Post
    Reading and watching clips of an all 22 review of the Patriots game, It looked like a lot of Canada's plays had the potential for success if Mitch threw the ball to open receivers and the RBs, especially Najee, hit the running lanes instead of bouncing it into traffic.

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Coach-Davis-digs-into-the-Steelers-frustrations-on-offense-and-sees-more-optimism-bout-only-if-the-execution-follows-193880430/
    Yep, can't blame Canada - plenty is open, the guys keep missing them.

Legend

User Info Menu

is Tomlin in denial?

Brooke Pryor
    @bepryor

Tomlin on evaluation of offense: "We've been better with every outing. It's reasonable to expect those improvements to continue."

Sep 27, 2022

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1...s-week%2Fpage3

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    is Tomlin in denial?

Brooke Pryor
    @bepryor

Tomlin on evaluation of offense: "We've been better with every outing. It's reasonable to expect those improvements to continue."

Sep 27, 2022

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1...s-week%2Fpage3
    sounds like after the bye, mid-season is our best case...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

2023 Way Too Early Mock
    1. Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State
    2a. Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
    2b. John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota
    3. Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa
    4. Keeanu Benton, NT, Wisconsin
    7a.
    7b.